Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 04:02 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I can understand why some Australians seem openly racist, possibly because the immigration is so recent and they feel they have been taken over by recent immigration, too much in a short time and many are the result of war or refugees seeking a new home, they probably feel they dont belong there

the USA immigration has a long history and many of those immigrants have contributed a lot to America

and are more assimilated into American culture
Minority have this feeling. They're mostly lazy bogans though.

Checking out the politics and immigration forums on this very site makes me think people need to look in their own backyard

Old 09-19-2013, 04:06 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
LOL

I suppose you would be interested to know an Aussie is also close to three times more likely to be a muslim than an american
Yeah but we have more.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
According to the Census there is a higher percent of people in Australia that are Muslim than America. The percentage of Muslims in America is unusally small for a Western country. Even Canada has a higher percentage of Muslims than America.

Plus if Austraila is so racist how come the majority of people since the 1980s that immigrated here are from Asia? How come the number of Asian tourists have vastly increased through out the years? How come there are universities in my city that at least a half or a majority of them are Asian? In addition the previous Prime Minister of Australia two children married Asians.
America has more Muslims, your second paragraph means nothing, the middle east had a increase in Asians also and there very racist. Yeah our president is black and white, we have mayors all over the country that are Asian, Mexican, and black like Los Angeles and such. Yes you are completely right about the percentages in Australia being more diverse, but in America our cities are more diverse percentage wise and population wise.
NYC
33% White
22% Black
12% Asian
28% Hispanic
1% Two or more races

Los Angeles
28% White
9% Black
11% Asian
48% Hispanic
2% Two or more races

Houston
25% White
22% Black
5% Asian
44% Hispanic
1% Two or more races

Chicago
31% White
31% Black
5% Asian
29% Hispanic
1% Two or more races

Miami( this city isn't very diverse but its probably the least white city in America)
11% White
16% Black
1% Asian
70% Hispanic
0.3% Two or more races

All sources are from city data city profiles!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
What do you need to see precentages/numbers for? I thought you already determined the facts of the matter, based on your own opinion/personal experience/media. No?

Even in that thread, you named Japan at #1.

//www.city-data.com/forum/world...countries.html

Anyway, also from that thread:
I do both, anyways that's creepy but I guess that's what you have to do on city data.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Minority have this feeling. They're mostly lazy bogans though.

Checking out the politics and immigration forums on this very site makes me think people need to look in their own backyard

...are you kidding me, minorities are the hardest working people I know, I see so many of them working so hard in the yard covered in paint and sweat, they will work just so there kids can buy a new pair of shoes. Well at least hear in America.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Yeah but if you're talking hate crimes Australia would rank low. I also doubt America is anywhere near the top. Australia and the US seem to be often accused of being racist, maybe because of our racist past and being mostly white.
Well America had a much racist pass...slavery, segregation, after the 80s you didn't hear of race crimes, now you don't even think anything of them. My old high school was all white, I came back their to help in sports and the school is full of Mexicans and Asians. I don't have a problem with them but it seems that most Americans except that their country is changing and soon white will be the minority in the next 50 years. Oh yeah and that teacher I hated named mr. Clinton left

Old 09-19-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I can understand why some Australians seem openly racist, possibly because the immigration is so recent and they feel they have been taken over by recent immigration, too much in a short time and many are the result of war or refugees seeking a new home, they probably feel they dont belong there

the USA immigration has a long history and many of those immigrants have contributed a lot to America

and are more assimilated into American culture
Honestly you explained it much better than I did, sometimes I just cant type my words clearly.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:22 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
...are you kidding me, minorities are the hardest working people I know, I see so many of them working so hard in the yard covered in paint and sweat, they will work just so there kids can buy a new pair of shoes. Well at least hear in America.
LOL... I just can't... even..begin to address this post.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:24 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,740,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I think he was referring to those with a racist outlook.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
LOL... I just can't... even..begin to address this post.
Please explain why minorities are lazy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World