Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 04:31 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
Then one has to ask himself, why is america such a violent country? Is it because we are founded by sociopaths that raped and killed for profit and those people, like columbus reproduced spreading the disease of violence. Is it our lack of unity and culture? Is it hollywood or our media? Is it the lack of education?
So your responding to everyone else's post except mine, all you have to do is give me the link in which you found the percentages and stats in your first post.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:32 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Please explain why minorities are lazy?
Please. You can use the internet.
Google the word "Minority", then apply it to the sentence in which I wrote it.

Richard has even given you the answer.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:32 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,741,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I can understand why some Australians seem openly racist, possibly because the immigration is so recent and they feel they have been taken over by recent immigration, too much in a short time and many are the result of war or refugees seeking a new home, they probably feel they dont belong there

the USA immigration has a long history and many of those immigrants have contributed a lot to America

and are more assimilated into American culture
I think it's about the scale of immigration in the post WW II era. In that period the percentage of Australia's population born overseas has consistently been around 25%. And yes, I think some of those immigrants have had mixed feelings about their new home.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Please. You can use the internet.
Google the word "Minority", then apply it to the sentence in which I wrote it.

Richard has even given you the answer.
How about you explain it yourself?

Old 09-19-2013, 04:35 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
Yeah but we have more.
Your funny lets hope you put a bit more thought into your studies than you do into your posts on city data.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Your funny lets hope you put a bit more thought into your studies than you do into your posts on city data.
Ok but we still have more.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:26 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
How about you explain it yourself?
Is English not your first language?

Old 09-19-2013, 06:45 PM

12 posts, read 17,223 times
From my experiences traveling, it depends on what race is in what country. A Black man in the UK might have an amazing experience and feel welcomed while an Indian might have the worst experience of his life. Similarly, a Black man in France will have the best experience of his life while a Middle Eastern male will absolutely hate it there since he will always be stereotyped negatively.

If I had to say from experience alone it would go like this.

Eastern Europe

Lots of hate towards Asians and anyone who is Brown is considered Gypsy to them right off the bat, no matter how the person dresses or acts. I have a darker Latino friend (Mexican) that went there and had beer bottles thrown at him during the night, he was in Czech Republic and he said it was really bad.

Argentina

They confuse anyone who is brown with Nicaraguans and poor immigrants so again, a bad place to be if you aren't White. Not sure about what kind of experiences a Black man will have there but not a good country to be a non-White person in general. According to history, a lot of the Nazis settled there after World War 2 to avoid persecution so take that into account.

France

Maybe it is due to poor immigration policy or something like that but the French absolutely hate anyone that even closely resembles an Arabic or Persian person. I know this from experience of having stayed there. The French don't admit how racist they are but it is no question the most racist country in all of Western Europe. I have not heard as much racism from the mouth of any other nationality than the French, most of it being directed towards Arabs and North Africans. Isn't too welcoming of Asians either.

People say Italy and Spain are more racist, those countries are just more xenophobic than racist. The French aren't actually that Xenophobic, they just hate certain races while loving others. Excellent country to visit if you are Black or White, if you are Asian, Brown, or anything like that, stay outta there, you will hate it. In case I forget to mention, the French absolutely ADORE Black people.

TO those that have said the US. I live in South Carolina and I have yet to see that much racism going on here. Our governor is an Indian woman and all races hang out with each other here. The south is regarded as the most racist part of the US, I have rarely seen or heard of much racism here.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:53 PM

12 posts, read 17,223 times
As for those of you saying Australia, a lot of the racism is from minorities towards each other. The Lebanese population there is the one that violently attacked the Indian students, not the ethnic White population.

Speaking of, I would probably put the Middle East right up there with Eastern Europe in terms of racism, if you aren't Middle Eastern or White you will be seen as someone that is lowly. A user on here told me about how he has run into a lot of racism from Arabs in real life due to having darker skin.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Is English not your first language?
No I don't speak english
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World