Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 07:21 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SKyfall View Post
As for those of you saying Australia, a lot of the racism is from minorities towards each other. The Lebanese population there is the one that violently attacked the Indian students, not the ethnic White population.

Speaking of, I would probably put the Middle East right up there with Eastern Europe in terms of racism, if you aren't Middle Eastern or White you will be seen as someone that is lowly. A user on here told me about how he has run into a lot of racism from Arabs in real life due to having darker skin.
Not quite.
the cases included - a young guy stabbed an Indian guy walking to work in an attempted robbery, (not race related) and the guy who claimed his car was set on fire because he was indian was found to be trying to do an insurance scam, ie he burnt his own car.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:23 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SKyfall View Post
As for those of you saying Australia, a lot of the racism is from minorities towards each other. The Lebanese population there is the one that violently attacked the Indian students, not the ethnic White population.

Speaking of, I would probably put the Middle East right up there with Eastern Europe in terms of racism, if you aren't Middle Eastern or White you will be seen as someone that is lowly. A user on here told me about how he has run into a lot of racism from Arabs in real life due to having darker skin.

Who could forget the case of Ranjodh Singh, who's was stabbed 20 in the town of Griffith in New South Wales, It caused a near riot in India, people were burning effigies of Kevin Rudd and Australian flags etc after that murder.

Of course when the true culprits were found and 3 Indian nationals charged with his murder, everyone totally ignored it.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 09-19-2013 at 07:58 PM..

Old 09-19-2013, 08:07 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Your funny lets hope you put a bit more thought into your studies than you do into your posts on city data.
I don't think you need to worry about that. Cali is actually a multi-millionaire University professor At least, that's what he's claimed in the past.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:40 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
America has more Muslims, your second paragraph means nothing, the middle east had a increase in Asians also and there very racist. Yeah our president is black and white, we have mayors all over the country that are Asian, Mexican, and black like Los Angeles and such. Yes you are completely right about the percentages in Australia being more diverse, but in America our cities are more diverse percentage wise and population wise.
NYC
33% White
22% Black
12% Asian
28% Hispanic
1% Two or more races

Los Angeles
28% White
9% Black
11% Asian
48% Hispanic
2% Two or more races

Houston
25% White
22% Black
5% Asian
44% Hispanic
1% Two or more races

Chicago
31% White
31% Black
5% Asian
29% Hispanic
1% Two or more races

Miami( this city isn't very diverse but its probably the least white city in America)
11% White
16% Black
1% Asian
70% Hispanic
0.3% Two or more races

All sources are from city data city profiles!
I talking about percentages of Muslims in America compared to Australia. Yes America has more muslims but seeing muslims is not an everyday occurance in many big towns and cities in America. You are much more likely to see Black and Hispanics than Muslims there. Muslims are only 0.08% in America. That is small percentace compared to some other western countries, especially for Western Euorpe where there are some cities there now there at least 25% or more of the people that are Muslim.

Yet even so Islamphobia is not a bigger problem in Europe than America. I even met a muslim guy living in Australia and he said the primary reason he would not like to live in America there is due to Islamphobia. Yet his word is just his opinion only and does not necessary make it fact.

Anyway you state that the Whites seem to be the only ones racist. There were attacks on Indian students here but not all the attackers where White, some of them were from Lebanese background.

Well just becuase your friend in Australia claims that Australians are racist is just an opinion. I have a friend in America and she thinks a vast majority of Americans are greedy and selfish. Yet it is just her opinion and I don't really agree with her there.

Yes there are racists here but the number of people involved in racist groups is very small. Anyway I have a hard time believing Australia is more racist than Australia. Examples are the recent Indian American woman winning the title "MIss America" has resulted in many racist insults via the internet to her since then.

One Twitter user wrote: “This is Miss America... Not Miss Foreign Country.”

Some users even questioned Davuluri’s links to militant group al-Qaeda asking: “Miss America right now or miss al-Qaeda?”
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vari...m-attacks.html

I have seen that racism is a bigger problem in some Asian countries than my country.The reason being is anyone from any religious and ethnic background can got to school and university. Some Asian countries there is a strict quota that exists for people of a certain ethnic background. In addition there are laws here in Australia that make it illegal to hire someone because of their race (except for native Aboriginals as some job adds are only targeted to them). This practice is not really put into law in some Asian countries.

Last edited by other99; 09-19-2013 at 09:13 PM..

Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I do both, anyways that's creepy but I guess that's what you have to do on city data.

What's creepy? Me remembering an idiotic thread?

Last edited by Rozenn; 09-20-2013 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: Cussing

Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
Australians are not at all politically correct , they tend not to be subtle when it comes to language , hence why they may be casually racist in a verbal manner but little real malice rests behind it
I agree these days it's mostly all talk.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I can understand why some Australians seem openly racist, possibly because the immigration is so recent and they feel they have been taken over by recent immigration, too much in a short time and many are the result of war or refugees seeking a new home, they probably feel they dont belong there

the USA immigration has a long history and many of those immigrants have contributed a lot to America

and are more assimilated into American culture
It's been going on since the days of the First Fleet. First it was the Irish, than the Chinese, than the Southern Europeans, then the Muslims. Every successive wave has been victimised.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I can understand why some Australians seem openly racist, possibly because the immigration is so recent and they feel they have been taken over by recent immigration, too much in a short time and many are the result of war or refugees seeking a new home, they probably feel they dont belong there

the USA immigration has a long history and many of those immigrants have contributed a lot to America

and are more assimilated into American culture
America has a long history of racism too, of course. First against Indians, Germans, Irish, Chinese, Italians, Japanese.etc.

But yes, in some ways Americans are more assimilated because there are fewer new immigrants.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Who could forget the case of Ranjodh Singh, who's was stabbed 20 in the town of Griffith in New South Wales, It caused a near riot in India, people were burning effigies of Kevin Rudd and Australian flags etc after that murder.

Of course when the true culprits were found and 3 Indian nationals charged with his murder, everyone totally ignored it.
It's so stupid. Even before they identify the culprits they assume it's race motivated. Even if it was a white perp, why do they immediately assume it's race motivated? It's most likely for some other reason, same with the vast majority of homicides. Stupid ignorant people getting hyped up about it. We don't want any more stupid people in this country.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
I think maybe this thread has set a new record for faulty logic based on anecdotal evidence.

Anecdotal evidence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World