Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 01:56 PM

30,303 posts, read 19,098,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
What is stereotypical in the comment?

From what I know, those IQ tests are taken very seriously in the USA, they even take those tests with the students in public schools...

But in most countries of the world, including here in Brazil, IQ tests are considered meaningless and are largely ignored...
May have something to do with why USA GDP is 6 times Brazil with only 50% more people.

Okay I do question how the results were obtained. Having spent significant time in USA, China, S. Korea, Mongolia, & Middle East, I think the results are consistent with what I observed. The big differences between USA & China have been system choices rather than IQ and the Chinese have changed to capitalistic economics with predictable great results. With the recent immigrants to the US, we are seeing a lowering of the average IQ and this has resulted in lowering our growth and will continue to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 PM

9,351 posts, read 14,289,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Italy, China and Poland higher than Canada

Believe me, Davy-040, all the Italians with 102 IQs no longer live there for some time now, and even half of Fiat, whose chairman is Italian-Canadian, will be leaving by year-end, and all who are left will be the politicians, people with family ties who can't escape, and immigrants, just ask Fidel.

So don't be jealous.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:46 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,524,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by endofdays View Post

39 Croatia 90
39 Peru 90
39 Turkey 90
42 Colombia 89
42 Indonesia 89
42 Suriname 89
45 BRAZIL 87
45 Iraq 87
45 Mexico 87
45 Samoa 87
45 Tonga 87
Very sad...
I always realised that there is a lot of stupid people here, but I didn't believe that the situation were so severe. But it's good for avoiding to tell jokes of portugueses.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:46 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,485,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
Very sad...
I always realised that there is a lot of stupid people here, but I didn't believe that the situation were so severe. But it's good for avoiding to tell jokes of portugueses.
Are they popular? I met a Brazilian girl once that said that Portuguese people don't speak proper Portuguese.

The are some little jokes about "gallegos" (Spanish citizens) from Latin America.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:27 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,524,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
Are they popular? I met a Brazilian girl once that said that Portuguese people don't speak proper Portuguese.

The are some little jokes about "gallegos" (Spanish citizens) from Latin America.
The most classical jokes in Brazil are about portugueses, or about parrots. There are differences between the meaning of the words in Brazil and in Portugal, and many jokes are about this. The most hilarious example is perhaps the word 'bicha', meaning 'queue' in Portugal, and 'gay' in Brazil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World