Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the USA the most beautiful country in the world?
Yes 37 30.58%
No 84 69.42%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 05:00 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,215,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It's more the attitude of 'the US is the best country in the world, we're #1' which annoys people. Posters such as cali are the perfect example of this - he actually cited the US's military strength as one of the reasons why it is the best country, as if it has any bearing on the population (bar bragging rights).

But then, I find patriotism annoying. The Olympics and the Jubilee celebrations last year were almost too much for me.
Yeah maybe in the 1980s, but now I never hear anyone saying America is number 1 in fact people sarcastically say that here because they know that's what the world thinks of us, its people like you that still think we do this, we know most of our problems and understand them. I'm going to try not to loose my anger but when did I ever say America was the best country in the world, please show any examples of this, I recently put America as the fourth most developed country and having second best quality of life to Australia, I am really wanting to know where I said America is the best country I repeat I really want to know where I said America is the best country I am begging, how about you stop lying and tell the truth I never said that, again show me where I said America is the best country, I DARE YOU! and yes I do think America's military strength is a good reason for why its a good country, at least we know we will be protected when world war 3 comes. There is a difference people the America's strengths and the American strengths. Now if you don't tell me where I said America was the best country in the world you will really make yourself look like a fool, unless I was joking and kidding around with invincible, now if I was serious then that could be a real issue.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I think if someone makes a thread suggesting the United States is the most beautiful country and asking others if they agree or disagree that we have to get attacked personally getting called -- "" ignorant, troll, under traveled, overly patriotic muricans who are being fed propaganda ""
Than why not ignore the thread instead of typing pointless and off topic post?
Oh but if we say Australia is the best country in the world no one will say a thing.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Offensive? Why? I'm American, isn't it just an opinion
Oh there doing this to you now? Yeah get used to it, anything positive you say about America they will upset, invincible comment in the back was just sarcasm in case some of you didn't understand it.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:04 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Oh but if we say Australia is the best country in the world no one will say a thing.
No, there wouldn't be such a thread. I don't think Australia care enough to inform the rest of the world why they're best, though maybe some do believe that.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
It is so obvious you started this thread to cause a ruckus. Your opinion makes the rest of us look like boorish Americans. Go travel around the world and get back to us. It is laughable you think Florida is beautiful.
We all have different opinions, I think the tropical islands like Fiji and other places are the most beautiful countries along with the rainforest of brazil, but if he thinks Florida is beautiful let him be, I don't understand why this makes you upset?

Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
No, there wouldn't be such a thread. I don't think Australia care enough to inform the rest of the world why they're best, though maybe some do believe that.
I'm not talking about threads...I'm just talking about just little comments here in their, yeah its very ignorant to say America is the best country when all countries have there pro and cons.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,396 times
I have always admired the US citizens for believing in their country, i find nothing offensive in that, as long as they don't keep going on about it. It is a beautiful place scenery wise, something different around every corner but lets face we all live in a beautiful world ruined by humans, governments, religion,and corporate business. The seas are polluted,the air is polluted. Better enjoy it while you can.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:11 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,396 times
Check this outPolluted Ocean Photos -- National Geographic

Old 10-07-2013, 05:35 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
We all have different opinions, I think the tropical islands like Fiji and other places are the most beautiful countries along with the rainforest of brazil, but if he thinks Florida is beautiful let him be, I don't understand why this makes you upset?
Because he's embarrassed to be an American

Old 10-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Because he's embarrassed to be an American
Good for him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World