Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:49 AM

484 posts, read 882,731 times

Advertisements

1. What country do you live in?
-United States

2. How do you like it there?
-Overall I really like it. The thing about it is that certain regions have vast differences from each other. I wish it was more social in many aspects (more public transit, less sprawl, more equality among gender/race/etc.)

3. Which ethnic group of people in your country faces the most hatred/racism?
-African Americans

4. How bad is it? (is it bad to the extent anyone who looks like them is seen as low or is it just towards people from that group who act the bad stereotype, I want to know if a well behaved person from that group will still face racism)
-It is bad that in my particular area of the country a white marrying an African American is seen as deviant behavior and morally wrong. This angers me to no end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 08:20 AM

641 posts, read 240,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionWell View Post

4. How bad is it? (is it bad to the extent anyone who looks like them is seen as low or is it just towards people from that group who act the bad stereotype, I want to know if a well behaved person from that group will still face racism)
1. USA

2. I like it, but get frustrated by it's politics and lack of cohesive government.

3. Blacks

4. Bad enough to fly a confederate flag in front of the White House w/first black family. Re' how bad, I imagine much worse in the southern states, and by people who are stuck in olden days of slavery.
([url=http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_black_men_receive_longer_prison_sentences_than_ white_men_for_the_same_crimes]): When looking at the penal system, black men only make up 6% of the US population but make up over 45% of the prison population. Not because they are more violent, but because they are given harsher sentences for nonviolent crimes such as drugs.

Since having a black first family, racism has reared its ugly head for all to see. It's a crying shame for the 21st century!! Your question if a well behaved person still faces racism, depends on the person who is doing the judging. We still have many who see only bad no matter how good.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:46 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
USA

On a scale of 1 to 10, strong 7, maybe and 8.

Arabs, but also Hispanics, blacks and jews (Not an ethnic group technically but often treated like one)

This varies greatly by region.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Yes, they are born that way. I can go into any kindergarten, and predict with 90% accuracy, which kids will grow up to be social liberals and which will be conservatives. The bullies will be conservatives. The future liberals will cry and want to share their pie with the three little kittens when they lose their mittens. It is as hard-wired as skin color.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:14 PM

872 posts, read 1,385,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Yes, they are born that way. I can go into any kindergarten, and predict with 90% accuracy, which kids will grow up to be social liberals and which will be conservatives. The bullies will be conservatives. The future liberals will cry and want to share their pie with the three little kittens when they lose their mittens. It is as hard-wired as skin color.
I felt a great disturbance in the Schwartz, as if a million Nathan Poes suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
USA. Like it less and less. Blacks/Hispanics/Native Americans/Jews in that order. Racists pre-stereotype groups and then look towards the bad behavior of individuals to reinforce their world view of the stereotypes. If they refer to a well-behaved person from the group, they will subtly infer that the person is atypical of the stereotype.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
USA. Like it less and less. Blacks/Hispanics/Native Americans/Jews in that order. Racists pre-stereotype groups and then look towards the bad behavior of individuals to reinforce their world view of the stereotypes. If they refer to a well-behaved person from the group, they will subtly infer that the person is atypical of the stereotype.
^This

Old 10-29-2013, 04:27 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
What kind of adult would consider that to be a response to a post?

(Believe it or not, it is actually possible to post the content I just did, but now that the site has been improved, it requires a very imaginative workaround. For those who are wondering, you can cut and paste the quote, and then type "quote" and "/quote" enclosed in square brackets around it.)

Last edited by jtur88; 10-29-2013 at 04:51 PM..

Old 10-30-2013, 02:21 PM

641 posts, read 240,702 times
I believe this is for another thread I have read in regards to politics, but somehow ended up on this page. I recognize the gist of the comment to what was being said there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World