Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Beautiful Continent in the World
Europe 102 31.29%
Asia 59 18.10%
Australia/Oceania 17 5.21%
North Amerca 106 32.52%
South America 45 13.80%
Africa 45 13.80%
Antarctica 15 4.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 01:38 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,662,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
mh...it´s really hard to say....probably it is Europe, I´d say - not because of I live here but because it´s diverse enough.
Europe is probably the least diverse continent after Antarctica in most categories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 02:20 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times
Outside of the Alps and some castles, what else is in Europe? It comes down to North America, South America, and Asia. I went with South America, but after rethinking it...it's North America.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:41 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,385,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Europe is probably the least diverse continent after Antarctica in most categories.
What do you mean by diversity (or ´no diversity´- to be exact)? Landscapes or climate zones being too uniform or boring?

There are about 30 sovereign countries in Europe, from micro states to a big ones, from old monarchies to non-recognized separatist republics, all different. Various architecture, various cities. Iceland and Italy, Lisbon and Moscow. And you still say that´s all that uniform?
There are even different ´civilizations´ in Europe, you just look that´s not that few for a small continent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization

Old 09-30-2016, 02:42 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times
Impossible, the continents are all vast and have different features. I chuckled when I saw Europe and North America leading the poll.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:53 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Impossible, the continents are all vast and have different features. I chuckled when I saw Europe and North America leading the poll.

Yup. All continents are beautiful in their own way.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:22 PM

1,475 posts, read 1,344,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Why doesn't Australia/Oceania have more votes? I mean New Zealand is included in that and New Zealand is beautiful... Not too mention the South Pacific Islands which are tropical paradises and Australia is cool-looking sometimes. I'm just shocked there's only 9 votes in the poll. I always viewed this portion of the world to be very diverse and lots of islands... I love islands.
I suspect if you made a graph of where voters are from and superimposed it on the poll results, you'd get an almost 100% correlation.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakery Hill View Post
I suspect if you made a graph of where voters are from and superimposed it on the poll results, you'd get an almost 100% correlation.
Gee....ya think?

Old 09-30-2016, 04:37 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakery Hill View Post
Most likely, talk to any world traveler and most of them would say Asia is a more beautiful continent than Europe lol

Old 09-30-2016, 07:51 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,662,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
What do you mean by diversity (or ´no diversity´- to be exact)? Landscapes or climate zones being too uniform or boring?

There are about 30 sovereign countries in Europe, from micro states to a big ones, from old monarchies to non-recognized separatist republics, all different. Various architecture, various cities. Iceland and Italy, Lisbon and Moscow. And you still say that´s all that uniform?
There are even different ´civilizations´ in Europe, you just look that´s not that few for a small continent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization
Geographical, cultural, socioeconomic, climate, and genetic. In no way am I saying that all European countries are the same, they are just more similar than the countries found in other continents. Compare Canada, Costa Rica and Haiti. Compare Chile, Brazil and Colombia. Compare Pakistan, China and Israel. Compare Australia, Soloman Islands and Papua New Guinea.

Last edited by Iaskwhy; 09-30-2016 at 08:25 PM..

Old 09-30-2016, 08:32 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
I think Europe has the least interesting natural look , especially if you include wildlife , Europe doesn't have anything like the other animals - creatures in this sense
Good point.

A lot more unspoiled wilderness in North America.
Wild creatures galore.

Just Canada alone has vast areas with little human presence,
including some areas where no man has ever been.

Most of Europe is very tame compared.

North America is the best for me.

Coastline ....California between Santa Barbara and San Francisco,
also coast of BC and Alaska, stunning.

Deserts ...Arizona Sonoran with giant Saguaro Cacti.

Mountains .....Rockies, Cascades, St.Elias, Sierra Nevada, etc....

Features.....The Grand Canyon, The Great Lakes, Everglades, Bay of Fundy....

Last edited by BMI; 09-30-2016 at 09:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World