U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Beautiful Continent in the World
Europe 98 31.72%
Asia 56 18.12%
Australia/Oceania 16 5.18%
North Amerca 100 32.36%
South America 44 14.24%
Africa 43 13.92%
Antarctica 15 4.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 PM

11,495 posts, read 10,345,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Yeah, and we don't sense any bias in your post at all picking NZ and Australia.
First, I'm just balancing out things - Nobody chose Australia, which is such a shame. So why wouldn't I mention it? Second, the Australian continent is beautiful. Everyone knows that. So there is no bias here. Third, NZ is NOT part of Australia's continent. I picked it because, well, it's NZ - a small landmass on its own AND part of an obscure continent called Zealandia.

It's not like I had "Australia this" and "that" in every line up there. Even if I did, you can see I mentioned Asia, South America, Africa, Europe and NZ (which is, again, NOT 'Australian' thank you very much).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 05:23 PM

12,485 posts, read 11,984,627 times
[quote=theropod;35963549] Second, the Australian continent is beautiful. Everyone knows that. quote]

If an American said something like this, everyone from Europe and elsewhere would jump all over them.

Australia is no more beautiful than all the rest of the planet. I think threads like this are stupid personally. Beauty can be found in every corner of this wonderful blue planet.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:34 PM

6,903 posts, read 6,739,947 times
Europe is the most beautiful and diverse....

Old 08-09-2014, 08:33 PM

11,495 posts, read 10,345,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
If an American said something like this, everyone from Europe and elsewhere would jump all over them.

Australia is no more beautiful than all the rest of the planet. I think threads like this are stupid personally. Beauty can be found in every corner of this wonderful blue planet.
Well I agree here. It's just that your previous post negated me so I guess I retaliated with an attitude. I chose Australia in most of these aspects because it genuinely is a beautiful continent (IMO) and no one in here even mentioned it, which was a shame.

Bear in mind that I said Australia is a beautiful continent, not the "most beautiful barring none".

Old 08-10-2014, 05:48 AM

1,762 posts, read 1,410,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Well I agree here. It's just that your previous post negated me so I guess I retaliated with an attitude. I chose Australia in most of these aspects because it genuinely is a beautiful continent (IMO) and no one in here even mentioned it, which was a shame.

Bear in mind that I said Australia is a beautiful continent, not the "most beautiful barring none".
What Australia needs imo, is a high mountain range.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:40 AM

10,486 posts, read 14,057,392 times
6.25% of people voted, voted for Antartica
If you like it so much there then why not move there

Old 08-10-2014, 11:19 PM

4,676 posts, read 4,510,577 times
South America hands down...ranking cities and best coastline are very subjective, so I am not going to include them. South America is Disneyland for nature enthusiasts...

-2 of the 10 longest rivers in the world (The Amazon [2nd] & the Parana-Rio de la Plata [9th]);
-2 of the 3 deepest canyons in the world (Colca Canyon [2nd] & Cotahuasi Canyon [3rd];
-3 of the 5 tallest waterfalls in the world (Angel Falls [the tallest water fall in the world], Three Sisters Falls [3rd], and Yumbilla Falls [5th]);
-3 of the 5 widest waterfalls in the world (Para Falls [2nd], Iguazu Falls [4th], and the Saltos del Mocono [5th]);
-6 of the 10 highest lakes in the world (not listing all of them, the Ojos del Salado Pool is the highest in the world at over 20,000 feet asl);

-The Andes (longest range in the world, the highest volcanoes in the world, the highest peaks in the western and southern hemisphere, and the furthest point on the earth's surface from the center of the earth [Chimborazo]);
-The Amazon (largest rain forest in the world);
-The Atacama (the driest place on earth) and it also has the 2nd highest sand dune in the world;
-Salar de Uyuni (largest salt flat in the world);
-The Southern Patagonian Ice Field (2nd largest temperate ice field in the world);
-The Patagonian Desert (3rd largest cold weather desert and 7th largest in the world);
-The numerous cloud forests throughout the continent;
-The incredible fjords of southern Patagonia (including the Messier Channel [3rd deepest in the world])
-Some of the largest wetlands in the world (the Amazon Basin, the Llanos de Moxos, the Pantanal, and the Ibera);

2nd- Tie between North America & Asia
4th- Europe
5th- Africa
6th- Australia
7th- Antarctica

Old 08-11-2014, 04:09 AM

10,486 posts, read 14,057,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post

-Overall: 1.Asia, 2.North America, 3.South America, 4.Europe, 5.Oceania, 6.Antartica
How could i forget about Africa
I would rank it 5th behind Europe.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:12 AM

1,762 posts, read 1,410,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
South America hands down...ranking cities and best coastline are very subjective, so I am not going to include them. South America is Disneyland for nature enthusiasts...

-2 of the 10 longest rivers in the world (The Amazon [2nd] & the Parana-Rio de la Plata [9th]);
-2 of the 3 deepest canyons in the world (Colca Canyon [2nd] & Cotahuasi Canyon [3rd];
-3 of the 5 tallest waterfalls in the world (Angel Falls [the tallest water fall in the world], Three Sisters Falls [3rd], and Yumbilla Falls [5th]);
-3 of the 5 widest waterfalls in the world (Para Falls [2nd], Iguazu Falls [4th], and the Saltos del Mocono [5th]);
-6 of the 10 highest lakes in the world (not listing all of them, the Ojos del Salado Pool is the highest in the world at over 20,000 feet asl);

-The Andes (longest range in the world, the highest volcanoes in the world, the highest peaks in the western and southern hemisphere, and the furthest point on the earth's surface from the center of the earth [Chimborazo]);
-The Amazon (largest rain forest in the world);
-The Atacama (the driest place on earth) and it also has the 2nd highest sand dune in the world;
-Salar de Uyuni (largest salt flat in the world);
-The Southern Patagonian Ice Field (2nd largest temperate ice field in the world);
-The Patagonian Desert (3rd largest cold weather desert and 7th largest in the world);
-The numerous cloud forests throughout the continent;
-The incredible fjords of southern Patagonia (including the Messier Channel [3rd deepest in the world])
-Some of the largest wetlands in the world (the Amazon Basin, the Llanos de Moxos, the Pantanal, and the Ibera);

2nd- Tie between North America & Asia
4th- Europe
5th- Africa
6th- Australia
7th- Antarctica
Doubt this, Asia does have quite a few deeper canyons

Yarlung Tsangpo Grand Canyon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kali Gandaki Gorge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tiger Leaping Gorge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-07-2015, 11:17 PM

1,512 posts, read 7,705,194 times
Definitely, Asia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World