Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 05:00 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,544,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Do people in other nations think Americans have thoughts about them?
Most Americans do spend a lot of time thinking how they are the centre of the universe. However, one case I can give is you guys gobble up anything about the British royals. BREAKING NEWS: royal baby born. Rubbish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 05:20 AM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,410 times
Somebody is trolling me thinks.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:31 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times
Do I have to care...? American is not my author... I might fix what you falsely think but I have no interest..

Old 10-25-2013, 11:50 AM

285 posts, read 702,940 times
As a Canadian living in the States, I can say that people down here assume that we are all something like the McKenzie Brothers from SCTV and we all say "aboot." They think that every place in Canada is much colder and snowier than everywhere in the States.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:59 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Do people in other nations think much about Americans thinking about them?
I think that people in other nations, while outwardly showing no concern for what Americans are thinking about them are actually obsessing about what Ameicans are thinking. Obviously, someone who is this obsessed must realize that this obsession is affecting how they are perceived, so they purposely act like they don't care, which of course is proof that they are overly concerned with how they are perceived by the Americans.

Meanwhile, the Americans are actually wondering what their government is thinking about them and all the time acting non-chalant but wondering what they did wrong and when they will be found out and how much it's going to cost them and if they can blame whatever it is on their neighbor somehow.

Thankfully, the American Gov't. doesn't think anything at all.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I think that people in other nations, while outwardly showing no concern for what Americans are thinking about them are actually obsessing about what Ameicans are thinking. Obviously, someone who is this obsessed must realize that this obsession is affecting how they are perceived, so they purposely act like they don't care, which of course is proof that they are overly concerned with how they are perceived by the Americans.

Meanwhile, the Americans are actually wondering what their government is thinking about them and all the time acting non-chalant but wondering what they did wrong and when they will be found out and how much it's going to cost them and if they can blame whatever it is on their neighbor somehow.

Thankfully, the American Gov't. doesn't think anything at all.
Uh huh.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:49 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Most Americans do spend a lot of time thinking how they are the centre of the universe. However, one case I can give is you guys gobble up anything about the British royals. BREAKING NEWS: royal baby born. Rubbish.
Your idea of Americans is very out of touch with reality. I don't know any sane person who sits around and reflects on how they live at the "center of the universe", but okay. And the British royals aren't anything more than another celebrity couple with occasional media coverage.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:26 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Most Americans do spend a lot of time thinking how they are the centre of the universe.
Lol what?

Old 10-26-2013, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Your idea of Americans is very out of touch with reality. I don't know any sane person who sits around and reflects on how they live at the "center of the universe", but okay. And the British royals aren't anything more than another celebrity couple with occasional media coverage.
Just read the opinions on CD. People go on and on and on and on about how the US is superior to every other country.

'Occasional' coverage. Nope. The US media was nonstop coverage of the royal wedding, the baby being born, the christening, and prior to that all the speculation about whether Kate was pregnant. My sister (in the US) tells me how much coverage there is. And I see it when I visit.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:10 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YtownGuy View Post
As a Canadian living in the States, I can say that people down here assume that we are all something like the McKenzie Brothers from SCTV and we all say "aboot." They think that every place in Canada is much colder and snowier than everywhere in the States.
There are a lot of Americans who are extremely intelligent, well educated, curious and knowledgeable about the world and I love Americans like that, they are a delight to meet and to have come visit Canada. However, as a Canadian living in Canada I have to say I now prefer that there are also so many uneducated or ignorant Americans who have willful misconceptions and myths that they prefer to believe about Canada. When I was younger that willfull ignorance of the facts used to bother me a bit and I was often wanting to set them straight but now that I'm much older and wiser I think it's a blessing that they don't know the truth about Canada. If some of them insist on believing that we all live in igloos year round, that we're all like the McKenzie Brothers and we all say "aboot", and that we can't get milk and eggs because it's too cold, yadda yadda yadda ..... then I think they should be encouraged to continue believing those things because it means they'll stay where they are. Their ignorance is my bliss.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World