Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best country for the next 60-80 years.
Canada 18 46.15%
U.S.A 14 35.90%
Germany 7 17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 05:24 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,215,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I would say either Canada or Germany as they have the best social benefits for their residents/citizens (better than the USA).
Really? I would say america because of the extremely low cost in everything and large variety of jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 05:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
These are all powerful developed nations that rank very well in quality of life studies. you really can't go wrong with either.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:40 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Germany seems to be a ticking time bomb with regards to its demographics, similar to Japan in many ways, but I'm not entirely sure.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:05 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Germany seems to be a ticking time bomb with regards to its demographics, similar to Japan in many ways, but I'm not entirely sure.
What do you mean? Total population about to drop?

Old 10-27-2013, 07:34 PM

160 posts, read 145,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I would say either Canada or Germany as they have the best social benefits for their residents/citizens (better than the USA).
And higher taxes as well.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:44 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
^^Meh. I "gladly" pay it. If I break both my shins right this second, I won't go bankrupt and loose my house. I'll recover with peice of mind that I won't be in medical debt for the next decade.

Private insurance? Yes, I can get that too, if I choose.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
^^Meh. I "gladly" pay it. If I break both my shins right this second, I won't go bankrupt and loose my house. I'll recover with peice of mind that I won't be in medical debt for the next decade.

Private insurance? Yes, I can get that too, if I choose.
Trust me I wish the USA could be like that, but unfortunately anything that has to do with mandatory in the USA makes people think its communism when its not.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:02 PM

I try not to look at the poll, usually polls are just a poll showing the most posters and boosters from each country online at the time, but its defiantly not Canada, I like Canada a lot but its quality of life is not as good as Germany's, and the Canadian economy has been going through a recession lately, but its still better than the USA in quality of life for poor people, but then again we are talking about the next 60 years, about 20 years ago NYC was in major debt, slums filled the city, very high crime rate, no one thought the city would get any better but now it did, crime rate went down dramatically, poverty when down, unemployment rate went down, times square used to be filled with strip clubs and prostitutes now its where spider man hangs out with big bird

Old 10-27-2013, 08:21 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Yes it is expected that the healthcare issue would come up... thing is healthcare in our country is changing at the moment and we won't find out till next year if its changing for the good or for the bad.

Currently the majority of Americans have health insurance and we have programs for low income families like Medicaid and some states have their own programs. So we don't worry about getting bankrupt if we are going to fall down the stairs and break a bone.

One big problem is that there were millions of uninsured Americans who are unaware that they qualify for Medicare.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:29 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I try not to look at the poll, usually polls are just a poll showing the most posters and boosters from each country online at the time, but its defiantly not Canada, I like Canada a lot but its quality of life is not as good as Germany's, and the Canadian economy has been going through a recession lately, but its still better than the USA in quality of life for poor people, but then again we are talking about the next 60 years, about 20 years ago NYC was in major debt, slums filled the city, very high crime rate, no one thought the city would get any better but now it did, crime rate went down dramatically, poverty when down, unemployment rate went down, times square used to be filled with strip clubs and prostitutes now its where spider man hangs out with big bird

OMG, cali. You love posting polls. Especially when they go in the US' favor. Stop it. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes it is expected that the healthcare issue would come up... thing is healthcare in our country is changing at the moment and we won't find out till next year if its changing for the good or for the bad.

Currently the majority of Americans have health insurance and we have programs for low income families like Medicaid and some states have their own programs. So we don't worry about getting bankrupt if we are going to fall down the stairs and break a bone.

One big problem is that there were millions of uninsured Americans who are unaware that they qualify for Medicare.
I know, and it's sad. And I also know people with insurance don't worry, but there are lots who simply can't afford it. The sad part about that, is there are those who say "Though ****! I work hard for my money, and if they can't do better its not my problem!"

I wonder if "ACA" was renamed "War on Old Age and Illness", if those people would come around?
(I kid...I kid lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World