Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best country for the next 60-80 years.
Canada 18 46.15%
U.S.A 14 35.90%
Germany 7 17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 12:18 PM

8 posts, read 29,004 times

Advertisements

Which country is the best to live in, call home and got a brighter future overall from all aspects during the next let's say 60-80 years on average

and please let the mind talk, do not be biased or anything related to that, vote after a deep thinking and justify your answer

PS: i have the ability to choose between the 3 of those and not sure which one would be the best choice.

Last edited by SuperNaturaL.; 10-26-2013 at 12:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 01:27 PM

9,314 posts, read 14,219,947 times
The biggest negative about Canada is that there no place warm all year round (70+ degrees), but, if that's a priority, you could always snow-bird in Florida.

Other than that, it offers the best of North America, including English as the global language of business, but with significant and still thriving contributions from Europe and Asia, great opportunities for in-depth study of just about anything, deep financial markets, and access to even deeper ones, social freedoms and a little bit less caught up in childish social ideologies, a rational immigration policy, and probably a less cumbersome bureaucracy than a European country, even if Germany is among the best managed.

Not too sure about the long-term fiscal solvency of Canada's pension and health care finance systems, but that is something you should also take into consideration when comparing the three.

To be sure, Germany is your best bet in Europe, but certainly, in addition to whatever long-term fiscal problems of its own that it may be facing, it is also at risk of exposure to instability and unpredictability among some of its major economic partners like Italy and Russia and oil-producing countries of the so-called middle east: the North Sea doesn't seem to be enough, not sure what fracking opportunities Europe has, so-called alternative energy by itself will not be enough for the foreseeable future even if they stand on their heads and spin around, and some European CEOs are already pointing to some of the energy cost advantages enjoyed by companies who set up industrial operations nowadays in North America, believe it or not.

Canada by itself seems to be a (half) continent of stability, it is energy self-sufficient and also a major grains producer.

I think that the US is still best if your main goal is starting your own business or managing a big corporation and becoming financially wealthy - it is a relative tax haven, and there are relative tax havens within the US - plus some US regions offer ideal climates.

Good luck in your decision.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:16 PM

8 posts, read 29,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
The biggest negative about Canada is that there no place warm all year round (70+ degrees), but, if that's a priority, you could always snow-bird in Florida.

Other than that, it offers the best of North America, including English as the global language of business, but with significant and still thriving contributions from Europe and Asia, great opportunities for in-depth study of just about anything, deep financial markets, and access to even deeper ones, social freedoms and a little bit less caught up in childish social ideologies, a rational immigration policy, and probably a less cumbersome bureaucracy than a European country, even if Germany is among the best managed.

Not too sure about the long-term fiscal solvency of Canada's pension and health care finance systems, but that is something you should also take into consideration when comparing the three.

To be sure, Germany is your best bet in Europe, but certainly, in addition to whatever long-term fiscal problems of its own that it may be facing, it is also at risk of exposure to instability and unpredictability among some of its major economic partners like Italy and Russia and oil-producing countries of the so-called middle east: the North Sea doesn't seem to be enough, not sure what fracking opportunities Europe has, so-called alternative energy by itself will not be enough for the foreseeable future even if they stand on their heads and spin around, and some European CEOs are already pointing to some of the energy cost advantages enjoyed by companies who set up industrial operations nowadays in North America, believe it or not.

Canada by itself seems to be a (half) continent of stability, it is energy self-sufficient and also a major grains producer.

I think that the US is still best if your main goal is starting your own business or managing a big corporation and becoming financially wealthy - it is a relative tax haven, and there are relative tax havens within the US - plus some US regions offer ideal climates.

Good luck in your decision.

A very Helpful and a logical reply.

Thanks.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:12 PM

124 posts, read 122,276 times
Canada hands down

Old 10-26-2013, 09:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 7,192,120 times
A LOT can change in the next 60 years, just in the last 10 years a ton has changed...to hard to compare, for the next ten years i will say the USA will still be the superpower, i think Germany will defiantly get higher up in the status, I do believe to less tension in the middle east and higher prices in china that America will start booming again...

Old 10-26-2013, 10:06 PM
pdw

2,636 posts, read 3,044,525 times
I can say without a doubt that there is no country in the world that I would rather live in than Canada. The only flaws that Canada has as a country are very minor compared to those facing every other country in the world, and are for the most part, on their way to being fixed. Canada is the closest thing to paradise that the world has to offer.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:21 PM

3,481 posts, read 3,175,022 times
Canada tends to be unstable politically and economically (although it is in much better shape then the US these days). I've seen too many flips and flops in that country in the last 50 years, and it now has an ever changing population that makes its future even more unclear (example - their love of Carribees didn't do them well - been to Toronto lately?). Simply put - Canada's future is unpredictable. One plus: lots of natural resources.

Germany, on the other hand has been quite stable for decades despite all the other stuff going on in the European Union. Absorbing East Germany and its desperate economy and second rate infrastructure did not really do much to Germany's economic progress. It is an ethnically homogenous country, and looks like it will stay that way - which in the next 60 years will be very important. I predict, based on what has transpired in the last 40 years, and based on history, both recent and past (we're talking 60 years from now), that Germany will do quite weil and perhaps emerge pretty much on top. I wouldn't go there if I was a Jew, though. And that goes for other non-Euro whites. Just saying. Germany is Germany. It is not France, nor is it the UK - and they are glad they aren't - and would like it to stay that way. One minus: German is hard to learn (I think).

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 10-26-2013 at 10:31 PM..

Old 10-27-2013, 07:49 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,513,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
It is an ethnically homogenous country, and looks like it will stay that way - which in the next 60 years will be very important. I predict, based on what has transpired in the last 40 years, and based on history, both recent and past (we're talking 60 years from now), that Germany will do quite weil and perhaps emerge pretty much on top. I wouldn't go there if I was a Jew, though. And that goes for other non-Euro whites. Just saying. Germany is Germany. It is not France, nor is it the UK - and they are glad they aren't - and would like it to stay that way. One minus: German is hard to learn (I think).
Germany isn't exactly homogenous. And I dare you to justify your supposed importance of homo-ethnic within the next 60 years. Try to use facts.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 AM

526 posts, read 1,510,119 times
Germany extremely homogenous and xenophobic?- Oh boy
It's not the U.S. or Canada but just take a ride on the Berlin/Frankfurt/Hamburg etc. underground and play the game "find ze Kraut".

Demographics of Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...and I dare to say that it'll become more diverse in the next 60 years. That has plenty of positive but also a hell lot of negative effects...

Old 10-27-2013, 05:19 PM

43,375 posts, read 44,091,553 times
I would say either Canada or Germany as they have the best social benefits for their residents/citizens (better than the USA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World