Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Patriotic Country you have ever Encountered?
Venezeula 0 0%
Colombia 0 0%
Brazil 3 6.82%
Argentina 0 0%
Peru 0 0%
Mexico 0 0%
Honduras 0 0%
USA 23 52.27%
Canada 2 4.55%
UK 3 6.82%
Ireland 0 0%
Sweden 0 0%
Norway 0 0%
China 2 4.55%
Germany 0 0%
Italy 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
France 2 4.55%
Greece 1 2.27%
Russia 1 2.27%
Ukraine 0 0%
S. Korea 4 9.09%
Japan 0 0%
Philipines 0 0%
Australia 1 2.27%
N. Zealand 0 0%
India 0 0%
Israel 2 4.55%
EGYPT 0 0%
S. Africa 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 11:12 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times

Advertisements

The U.S is the most partiotic country along with China and North Korea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 11:17 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
I would say the U.K. with the U.S.A. a close second.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:29 PM

US of A definitely. Just look at this video. What a bunch of sheep. It's a good song though but spoiled by the ultra patriotic Christian message.

A comment from the comment section:

Thank you Kid Rock everything you do for our troops.. Faith yes i have all the faith in the world for our troops...... Amen,God Only Know Why,keep are troops safe....... Love you Kid Rock Amen...........

Kid Rock - Lonely Road Of Faith [Video].VOB - YouTube

Old 08-31-2014, 12:45 AM

2,948 posts, read 2,917,363 times
USA, UK, Russia and Israel. In Latinamerica, Mexico and Brazil.

About USA, I have always noticed how many national flags you can see waving outside of a lot of their houses, as google street view shows. Unbelievable.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
USA, UK, Russia and Israel. In Latinamerica, Mexico and Brazil.

About USA, I have always noticed how many national flags you can see waving outside of a lot of their houses, as google street view shows. Unbelievable.
For Americans there is only one country in the world and that i USA. Nothing else matters. Especially Europe doesn't exist for them...anymore.

Unless an military operation is needed. Then they come guns blasting.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:54 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,847,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
For Americans there is only one country in the world and that i USA. Nothing else matters. Especially Europe doesn't exist for them...anymore.

As an American, I very strongly disagree with this. Saying things like "nothing else matters" in that context implies a contempt for Americans and, I would argue, a lack of understanding of us as a country. Can you cite anything specifically to support that? My experience is that living in a geographically isolated country flanked by two oceans has made me extremely anxious to travel to Europe, which I unfortunately have not been able to afford to do. As soon as that changes, I can't wait to get on a plane and go places, from Europe to Asia and more. I read as much about Europe and Asia as I do about America, if not more.

The theme of this thread seems to be that patriotism is in some sense a negative thing. I think aggressive nationalism is inherently dangerous, but a sort of positive-minded, starry-eyed patriotism is not; in fact, I think most countries—my own included—should be grateful for any source of social cohesion they can find. I believe that very strongly, because a fractured society is categorically a bad thing: it is undemocratic, and it fosters an ever-increasing sense of "brokenness" if left unchecked.

Maybe this wasn't meant to be a discussion thread, and instead we just want a sort of vote-and-be-done-with-it kind of thread. If that's the case, then my bad, I guess. Speaking as an American, I can say this country is definitely high on the list. I'd also add Ireland, Scotland (specifically Scotland, separate from any UK patriotism), Serbia, Brazil, Russia, South Korea, and there are probably others I'm leaving out. I deliberately left Israel and Palestine out, because I would argue that that's just a completely different case.

Oh, and one other thing: it's incredibly important to differentiate between a country (encompassing its people, most of all) and that country's government, which can never be blindly assumed to speak for the entire population, or even a majority of it.

Last edited by ShipOfFools42; 08-31-2014 at 04:03 AM..

Old 08-31-2014, 02:22 PM

244 posts, read 362,193 times
Probably Israel, though I guess Palestinians aren't exactly patriotic.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:29 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
US of A definitely. Just look at this video. What a bunch of sheep. It's a good song though but spoiled by the ultra patriotic Christian message.

A comment from the comment section:

Thank you Kid Rock everything you do for our troops.. Faith yes i have all the faith in the world for our troops...... Amen,God Only Know Why,keep are troops safe....... Love you Kid Rock Amen...........

Kid Rock - Lonely Road Of Faith [Video].VOB - YouTube
So we are sheep because we are patriotic and we support our troops?

Quote:

Why are you foreigners always speaking on behalf of Americans?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
So we are sheep because we are patriotic and we support our troops?

Nothing wrong with supporting your troops. But the mistake here is that Religion is once again present.

You're killing in the name of God. And your good book says it's a serious sin.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:08 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Nothing wrong with supporting your troops. But the mistake here is that Religion is once again present.

You're killing in the name of God. And your good book says it's a serious sin.
Ahh you are one of those who can't handle the fact that there are people out there who actually believe in a God... i used to be like you buddy, but i grew up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World