Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:29 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,137,865 times

Advertisements

These are some of my favorites:

Just planted some geraniums in my back yard and they pale by comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 12:36 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,246,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
Many of the buildings in the pictures on this thread are just not "colourful".
I agree, those NYC pics in particular are a far too grey or brown to be considered colourful! The pics posted on the first page are lovely.

My vote would be Burano, Italy:

burano images - Google Search

Old 04-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 2 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,911,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
Many of the buildings in the pictures on this thread are just not "colourful".
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
those NYC pics in particular are a far too grey or brown to be considered colourful! The pics posted on the first page are lovely.

There is multiple interpretations to how people feel about colorful buildings. There is meticulous intricate details of building design involved relevant in colorful architecture, and not only about actual color. Those buildings in photos I have up show magnificent visual representation, and those buildings have shades of colorful yellow, blue, red, gold, and silver.

A majority of people love, and respect those buildings in New York City, and Bucharest including me, and what you said is false, and not relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Here's a photo of a building that might also be French styled?, on Broadway at the edge of Midtown Manhattan. Former hotel built in the late 1860s that got convert to pricey condos. A very well known 80 year old building is four blocks to the north
Nice work in your photo. I feel your photo of somewhere in NYC is technically colorful with meticulous intricate details crafted into a building, and in colors silver, and white, even if some posters somehow don't notice a simple observation in reality of architecture in buildings.

Last edited by ; 04-04-2014 at 12:14 PM..

Old 04-04-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
A majority of people love, and respect those buildings in New York City, and Bucharest including me, and what you said is false, and not relevant.
Sorry, but my opinion is as valid as anyone else's and certainly isn't false. Those buildings appear very lacking in colour to myself, and some of the other posters here. And if you really want to take the word to mean intricate or meticulous, they're hardly the Sagrada Familia or the like!

Old 04-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 2 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,911,320 times
Quote:
Sorry, but my opinion is as valid as anyone else's and certainly isn't false. Those buildings appear very lacking in colour to myself, and some of the other posters here. And if you really want to take the word to mean intricate or meticulous, they're hardly the Sagrada Familia or the like!
Well, we have to agree to disagree then, and end a debate. What you said is quite offensive, false, and not appropriate. I love my own photos of some buildings in New York City, and Bucharest. They are very interesting, stunning, and colorful to me based on meticulous intricate visual design, color, and a lot of other people like those photos too.

Sagrada Familia, and Baruno Italy is stunning in another very different way.

Have you contributed any of your own photos in this topic yet?

Old 04-04-2014, 01:35 PM

Sorry, it wasn't a criticism of your photography and certainly didn't aim to offend you. Please don't take it that way! I still stand by my opinion of the buildings though.

I'll have a dig through some of my own, though I'm not sure how to post them

Old 04-05-2014, 02:14 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,137,865 times
Quote:
Sorry, it wasn't a criticism of your photography and certainly didn't aim to offend you. Please don't take it that way! I still stand by my opinion of the buildings though.

I'll have a dig through some of my own, though I'm not sure how to post them
I know this may sound silly but upload them to Photobucket and then use that url to post them here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World