U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 01:03 AM

6,396 posts, read 11,763,798 times

Advertisements

This is about an important and fun event in the past 1 month in your life. Describe a specific magical, entertaining, happy, euphoric, and satisfying event and memory you have in recently anywhere in the world.

This past Friday around 2 days ago, I was in Downtown Seattle around an interesting amount of skyscrapers for this city, and quite urban for Seattle. I then went to Fremont neighborhood 20 minutes away and completely new, varied scenery compared to Downtown. I went to a café bar inside an actual large inviting house, an outdoor patio, a maze of rooms inside the house, and free internet in Fremont Café Bar. I was there 5 hours, and using my computer on the outdoor patio. Fremont neighborhood is almost always very entertaining, and relaxing, with an interesting blend of urban, and suburban attraction. I then went to an Indian restaurant in Queen Anne, and the ambience in this impressive restaurant is almost like an Asian version of a royal palace, and one of the most amazing meals. I then went into Downtown again, and then to a 2 floors hookah lounge nightclub in Capitol Hill, and this was the 1st time I went to this new hookah club in Seattle. I met someone new from a local online dating site, and a new girlfriend. This new relationship is going well. When smoking hookah, I feel even more relaxed, and a similar pleasant sensation compared to smoking marijuana. This was a very entertaining, and pleasant Friday night.

I have an amazing event happening like this once every week to once every month.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 02:00 AM

133 posts, read 501,684 times
Drinking Fernet Branca mixed with soda water on a beach in Uruguay on a late spring evening.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:36 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,993,931 times
In the last month i have become a dad and quit my job

Old 11-25-2013, 05:12 AM

9,781 posts, read 17,772,122 times
I've been in the UK and Italy in the past month so great travel memories. Highlights included strolling the grounds of Blenheim palace, near Oxford, the venerable institutions of London, coming face to face with Roman history, the Amalfi coast and Pompeii, going on a gondola ride in Venice, admiring the villas and mountains of Lake Como and Florence and Tuscany.

No girlfriend or new bub, congrats both of you too anyway...hopefully my life starts to improve here.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:18 PM

5,929 posts, read 9,198,705 times
Museums Night in Buenos Aires

A night in where all the museums in the city are open all night long and for free, and there are a lot of free-cultural shows, like music bands, reading from prestigious writers, shows from all kinds of artists.

This happened 3 weeks ago, a spring night and i was with my parents that came visit me from out of town, watching an amazing percussion show outside the Musem of Bellas Artes, on Avenida Libertador, surronded by gorgeous squares, full of violets trees (typical of Buenos Aires- jacaranda) and then i entered to see the amazing collection of the museum, and then we walked 20 blocks to go to a beautiful Paris-like restaurant, and the walk was gorgeous, we went through Parks, embassys, seen the amazing architeqture of that part of the city. The vibe was AWESOME. It was one of those nights in where i thank the sky that i live in this wonderful city

Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 PM

61,305 posts, read 79,680,385 times
Avignon 3 weeks ago at le pie kafe france
a good meal and
made it back to France after 35 years

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-25-2013 at 07:54 PM..

Old 11-29-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
Drinking Fernet Branca mixed with soda water on a beach in Uruguay on a late spring evening.
This reminds me of when I went to a music concert on a beach in Romania, in Costinesti/Eforie Sud, listened to Romanian language Rock n Roll songs, and proximity to unique, vibrant nightclubs in rural Romanian towns right on the sea coastline.

This was completely spontaneous, and I didn’t expect an amazing nightclub, music concert right on a beach experience in Romania when I visited on this exact day of my life. I understand most Romanian, and this was interesting to listen to everyone speak this language when I visited this exact place, with almost no English anywhere.

Everything about those amazing experiences is phenomenal, magical, entertainment, a sign of happiness, euphoric, and satisfying.

I hope to eventually replicate this memory and experience when I visit Romania again in Constanta/Mamaia, Efoire Sud, Costinesti, or when I visit another region of a country such as Balearic Mediterranean island of Ibiza Spain, or Phuket Thailand such as an impressive ambience music concert, and nightclub experience right on a warm beach, and in a foreign, exotic place of the world.

When I visited Costa Rica, I experienced a party in a beach house right next to a tropical beach, basically with a group of 20+ young teenage people in the same international community service, volunteering, and adventure program.

Last edited by Thepastpresentandfuture; 11-29-2013 at 09:27 PM..

Old 11-29-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I've been in the UK and Italy in the past month so great travel memories. Highlights included strolling the grounds of Blenheim palace, near Oxford, the venerable institutions of London, coming face to face with Roman history, the Amalfi coast and Pompeii, going on a gondola ride in Venice, admiring the villas and mountains of Lake Como and Florence and Tuscany.

No girlfriend or new bub, congrats both of you too anyway...hopefully my life starts to improve here.
Yeah, I am glad your vacation went very well in Italy/UK, and getting more travel memories, and experience.

I wouldn’t have any paranoia, or negativity about your life. You have an amazing life, especially when you travel, and a lot of your life is going well. You have an impressive amount of number 1 posts in the World forums, and this reminds me of my posts, and you know how to reflect about life.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Museums Night in Buenos Aires

A night in where all the museums in the city are open all night long and for free, and there are a lot of free-cultural shows, like music bands, reading from prestigious writers, shows from all kinds of artists.

This happened 3 weeks ago, a spring night and i was with my parents that came visit me from out of town, watching an amazing percussion show outside the Musem of Bellas Artes, on Avenida Libertador, surronded by gorgeous squares, full of violets trees (typical of Buenos Aires- jacaranda) and then i entered to see the amazing collection of the museum, and then we walked 20 blocks to go to a beautiful Paris-like restaurant, and the walk was gorgeous, we went through Parks, embassys, seen the amazing architeqture of that part of the city. The vibe was AWESOME. It was one of those nights in where i thank the sky that i live in this wonderful city
Yes, you know you live in a magical and unique city of the world. However, I didn’t expect a large amount of museums in Buenos Aires. Then again, some people say Buenos Aires is almost like the Paris of South America.

Is there also plenty of amazing independent café bars in Buenos Aires in those exact neighborhoods you
experienced 3 weeks ago?

When you lived in Mar Del Plata, was there phenomenal music concerts right on beaches over there during the summer months, and rock’ roll songs in Spanish, including close proximity to night clubs? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Rqyt-0EJk3...+argentina.jpg

Old 11-30-2013, 06:20 PM

5,929 posts, read 9,198,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Yes, you know you live in a magical and unique city of the world. However, I didn’t expect a large amount of museums in Buenos Aires. Then again, some people say Buenos Aires is almost like the Paris of South America.

Is there also plenty of amazing independent café bars in Buenos Aires in those exact neighborhoods you
experienced 3 weeks ago?

When you lived in Mar Del Plata, was there phenomenal music concerts right on beaches over there during the summer months, and rock’ roll songs in Spanish, including close proximity to night clubs? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Rqyt-0EJk3...+argentina.jpg

Well, im sure it doesnt have as much museums as Paris or Amsterdam (amsterdam haves museums of everything!) but Buenos Aires haves quite a lot great museusm, a lot of variety, huge cultural life. I think if you consider the amount of cultural activities (you name it: theather, independent theather, music concerts, poet reading, narrative readings, movie festivals, movie cycles, performings arts of all kinds, museums, etc) Buenos Aires haves to be one of the cities in the world with MOST culturual activities available to do, if not THE city with most cultural activities available. It is already the city with most theathers in the world and also the city with most bookstores

Yes, it is full of independent café bars! Love them.

Mar del Plata does a lot of concerts in summer at the beach or the coast. They are huge. This are pics:

http://www.prensa.gba.gov.ar/Intrane...712b138721.jpg

http://www.surfandrock.fm/wp-content...les-verano.jpg

http://www.clarin.com/sociedad/Arena...27_0094_14.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 12-01-2013 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World