Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 07:32 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
The ironic thing about you calling me a homophobe constantly is that I am gay myself and served in the military. Meaning I have extensive experience on the subject.

Maybe you should consider respecting different viewpoints on subjects and giving a chance to seeing things from other people's views instead of resorting to name calling and personal attacks. It's so ironic that in Canada the ones who claim to be the most tolerant are the ones who are the most intolerant.
Really? You're a gay who served in the military who is against gays in the military?

Even if you are/were any combination of those things for real, including being from Canada, my point stands. A gay person who discriminates against the idea of gays in the military is still, although odd, irrationally fearful of the implications of said scenario and is therefore homophobic.

Last edited by Jesse44; 07-13-2015 at 07:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 07:43 PM

242 posts, read 242,502 times
Quote:
The ironic thing about you calling me a homophobe constantly is that I am gay myself and served in the military.
That is totally fine man, I don't know why Jesse44 needs to "out" yourself in defence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Yeah, yeah, that's a favourite line of homophobes. "Differing views" lol. As if that phrase cleans up what it is.
Quote:
Really? You're a gay who served in the military who is against gays in the military?

Even if you are/were any combination of those things for real, including being from Canada, my point stands.
Really man...this is one of the most ignorance I've seen on City Data. So what if he is gay? Why do you need to call people insulting names who don't agree with a political point? Yet you have assumed he is a straight homophobe but you don't even let him establish his point before assaulting him. Really man, why does it have to be in that nature?

Old 07-13-2015, 07:47 PM

428 posts, read 450,941 times
Quote:

Even if you are/were any combination of those things for real, including being from Canada, my point stands.
I never said I was against "gays in the military". Instead of actually looking at my views, you immediately resort to personal attacks as soon as I don't agree with you. I actually laid it out pretty well to Magnamaticflux who gave me a chance to elaborate my views, but you didn't like my perspective and reported it so the mods deleted it.

Yes Jesse, I am gay. But I really don't see why my sexual orientation matters. Honestly my orientation is none of your business and it's a real shame it has to come into this conversation. We could have had a mature conversation comparing our opinions and you can actually hear my views but instead you immediately resort to insults that turn out to be totally ridiculous, considering I am a gay man myself.

Later.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:53 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
What!?

You, in a thread in the Canadian forum made a post (and I'm only doing this so passersby don't think I'm a clown) that degraded gays and made it clear you believe they shouldn't serve in the military. I reported your homophobic comment for what it was - homophobia. And I believe the mod Rozen was the one to delete it, so obviously that opinion isn't exclusive to me.

It is clear that you are a troll account in tandem with several others, probably Bonjour185. I am in no way homophobic. You are, or you're not and you're just manipulative.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:25 PM

428 posts, read 450,941 times
Quote:
What!?

You, in a thread in the Canadian forum made a post (and I'm only doing this so passersby don't think I'm a clown) that degraded gays and made it clear you believe they shouldn't serve in the military. I reported your homophobic comment for what it was - homophobia. And I believe the mod Rozen was the one to delete it, so obviously that opinion isn't exclusive to me.

It is clear that you are a troll account in tandem with several others, probably Bonjour185. I am in no way homophobic. You are, or you're not and you're just manipulative.
Plan A - brand user a homophobe and try to ban viewpoints

Plan B - make them out to be a troll when Plan A backfires epically.

I'd love to see a link to my homophobic comments...oh wait you can't find them. It looks like you're really running low on ammo here. Jesse, I don't believe you are a homophobe, and honestly don't care either way. It has no relevancy to the discussion. You know we aren't all cut and dry carbon copies of each other but in the end I for one don't need your moral protection as if my orientation is a debilitating handicap. Thanks but no thanks.

Now back to the similarities between Canada and the U.S.?

Old 07-13-2015, 08:52 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:

I'd love to see a link to my homophobic comments...oh wait you can't find them. It looks like you're really running low on ammo here. Jesse, I don't believe you are a homophobe, and honestly don't care either way. It has no relevancy to the discussion. You know we aren't all cut and dry carbon copies of each other but in the end I for one don't need your moral protection as if my orientation is a debilitating handicap. Thanks but no thanks.

Sounds like the making of a good soldier....

Old 07-13-2015, 09:14 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:

I seen it you said something to the effect that Gays are too feminine to fight on the front line and could not handle the killing or watching their comrades fall. C'mon now if you are gay then you must know some are quite masculine and you couldn't pick them out of a line up. I know some straight soldiers that have fought in Iraq and have vouched that the Gay soldiers were just as good.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:55 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
What!?

That is why I no longer engage either of them. Sit and wait though. The next incarnation will arrive and be just as obvious.

It's sad really. The mind of a troll is a troubled mind. The fact they get enjoyment out of trolling says to me they have no self respect, no meaningful interaction in the real world and probably no true friends.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/201...ternet-trolls/

Old 07-14-2015, 01:17 PM

363 posts, read 480,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
I disagree about Norway/Sweden being one of the top pairs. Norway is much more rural with many mountains, fjords, and many small rural communities. Sweden is much more urban with big cities like Stockholm, Gotenburg, Malmo, etc. and flatter, although it has more lakes. Sweden is in the EU, Norway isn't. Norway is in NATO, Sweden isn't. There certainly are similarities but I wouldn't put them as "most similar".
Thats right. There are lots of variation in culture in Norway alone.

Example: Bergen city (Norway) is the only place in Norway (and probably in Europe also) with this type of culture:

Men:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFkVqTwk6CM

Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fn3cAW1Ueg

Girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNJdInAIauY

Last edited by Tjua; 07-14-2015 at 01:43 PM..

Old 07-14-2015, 06:51 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
That is why I no longer engage either of them. Sit and wait though.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/201...ternet-trolls/
That link actually describes certain trolls on here perfectly. I would actually appreciate it if the moderators would check the IP address of several posters on here. We have the aboot troll but then we have certain posters that are only interested in constantly contradicting and putting down others. We see the same arguments all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World