Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 05:13 AM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I work down the street from it and surf the web on my longer breaks.
Aren't you afraid the mouth breathers will bite you and turn you into a mouth breather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 02:53 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,520,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Aren't you afraid the mouth breathers will bite you and turn you into a mouth breather?
I've studied these types for many years now. Their condition is not viral, but one that comes with poor self maintenance. I do not fear them, I merely try to understand them.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:06 AM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I've studied these types for many years now. Their condition is not viral, but one that comes with poor self maintenance. I do not fear them, I merely try to understand them.
They're generally poor people.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:20 PM

822 posts, read 858,726 times
Yes, the americanization is evident here, but mostly in the upper class. Pictures can explain better:
http://ww2.wizard.com.br/AdminTempla...1-13-12-28.jpg

http://www.fibersals.com.br/imagens/...cdonalds/1.jpg

http://www.campograndenews.com.br/up...eee38b1ee7.jpg

Look at the houses. All of the new condominiums are like this, clearly influenced by north american suburbs.
http://img.bomnegocio.com/images/34/3483652966.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 12-21-2013 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 12-20-2013, 08:16 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 929,397 times
The business model in the UK is starting to become more Americanized sadly...however it still has a bit more job protections and paid leave compared to North America.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:59 AM

9,572 posts, read 20,733,967 times
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=c...w=1192&bih=612

I saw a lot of those Stepford type suburbs in Beijing.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:08 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,581,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
It has

This is a ten year old article that is still very relevant:

Cultural globalization is not Americanization

"It is a myth that globalization involves the imposition of Americanized uniformity, rather than an explosion of cultural exchange. For a start, many archetypal "American" products are not as all-American as they seem. Levi Strauss, a German immigrant, invented jeans by combining denim cloth (or "serge de Nîmes," because it was traditionally woven in the French town) with Genes, a style of trousers worn by Genoese sailors. So Levi’s jeans are in fact an American twist on a European hybrid. Even quintessentially American exports are often tailored to local tastes. MTV in Asia promotes Thai pop stars and plays rock music sung in Mandarin. CNN en Español offers a Latin American take on world news. McDonald’s sells beer in France, lamb in India, and chili in Mexico..."
Don't agree with that at all.nobody around the world knows about the origin of Levi's,all they know is that,it is an american product,with an american patent,sold by american companies so i don't see the point here.
I can cite many counter-examples where the products are not originally european but are produced and sold under a european flagship.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:17 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,581,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
The Americanization of the whole world is a fact.

Take the world as it was in 1950 and compare how it is now, and you will see how almost every single country in the world has adopted many aspects of the American culture in the past 60 years.

The whole world watches American movies, American TV series, and listens to American music.

People in the whole world eat hot dogs and drink Coca Cola. Even in China.

It doesn't mean that the local cultures have disappeared, but there is no way to deny the strong American cultural influence in the whole world.
I agree with that and americans are not to blame for the americanization,you choose what you eat.
Tell me what you eat,i'll tell who you are,lol

"Chairman Kaga of the TV series "Iron Chef" which introduced to millions to his famous aphorism: "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are."

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-21-2013, 08:05 AM

4,105 posts, read 5,534,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Didn't P London do a topic on this already? Hasn't this topic also been beaten to death?
Yes, it has been beaten to death!!!

Old 12-21-2013, 08:06 AM

4,105 posts, read 5,534,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
What are some aspects of American cultural influences in your country.

Anything from Cuisine, Entertainment, Fashion, etc...
Who cares??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World