Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 06:50 PM

183 posts, read 295,321 times

Advertisements

let me elaborate I know what America is like I do not have a ****ing clue about Russia in terms of what they did with their goods from 1945 to present day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 02:32 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,869,561 times
Default you know what my friend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
The one good thing about the Soviet Union was that it was not influenced by religion at all.

Now all of a sudden look at these ridiculous laws that are being passed. Anti-gay laws, anti-women laws. It's getting ridiculous how much religion is starting to creep into the Kremlin.
Why don't you go to Moscow and tell people they would be better off getting back to Communism. I'm sure it would be highly appreciated, especially coming from an American. NOT

Old 12-28-2013, 09:07 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Why don't you go to Moscow and tell people they would be better off getting back to Communism. I'm sure it would be highly appreciated, especially coming from an American. NOT
In most elections in Russia, the Communist Party candidate gets about 20-30% of the vote, and in the 2012 election, Communist Party presidential candidate Gennady Zyuganov came in second. Which makes Communism a hell of a lot more popular in Russia today than the Tea Party/Libertarians in the USA.

Last edited by jtur88; 12-28-2013 at 09:17 PM..

Old 12-29-2013, 01:09 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
In most elections in Russia, the Communist Party candidate gets about 20-30% of the vote, and in the 2012 election, Communist Party presidential candidate Gennady Zyuganov came in second. Which makes Communism a hell of a lot more popular in Russia today than the Tea Party/Libertarians in the USA.

Well, it's not THAT hard to want to vote for the communist party when your president is nothing more than a mob leader.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:37 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,869,561 times
burgler 09, Wladimir Putin is not a mob leader, quite the opposite , he liberated his country which fell under the influence of the mob (former communists by the way) who sold Russians assets to the West and ruined Russia,and plundered their own country becoming extremely wealthy themselves., the Oligarchs (1991-2001).
That you don't appreciate the rebirth of Mother Russia as an American (remmber banker Armand Hammer who was in the same boat as the Bolshewiks) is understandable. Tell us rather what you think about US hawks like Sarah Palin ("Isee Russia from my house") or Senator McCain. This one particularly is a RINO, completely, utterly crazy.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:30 AM

667 posts, read 939,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Russia is probably far more developed than many on here think. On the other hand, it still has a lot of problems, particularly in rural areas and smaller cities.
I think so, too. Big cities in Russia have pretty high living standards, contrary to the popular belief that "Russia is poor". We are in 2013 (almost 2014), not in the nineties any more, and things have improved there during Putin's time, whether we like Putin himself or not.
And in fact most Russians nowadays live in cities, not in small towns or villages (which are often really in shambles).
But Russia has its own problems: corruption, alcoholism. And it's indeed a very big country which is very hard to manage.
I don't think Russia would be better off with communism. Maybe it would be more balanced: the gap between the rich and the poor, large cities and villages would not be so big. But communism had many downsides: deficit of many things, impossibility to travel abroad (few people could do it) and so on.
I'm not sure that Russia can become a true "capitalist first-world" country anytime soon, but it's definitely not third world, either. Russia is a second-world, second-tier country, and for this level, she fares pretty well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World