U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 03:22 PM

3,400 posts, read 5,005,509 times

Advertisements

I think he or she is just saying that criticizing Israel doesn't instantly make you anti-Semitic.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 04:51 PM

14 posts, read 16,451 times
Arabs and Assyrians are Semite as well

Old 12-26-2013, 04:56 PM

186 posts, read 271,906 times
race is a derivation of climate then diet after said points of origin are taken into account cumulative nature of human conduct comes into interaction as a non jewish person that comes from the most passed over land I don't understand the reason to harbor ill feelings towards anybody because of their definition of self its much easier to be polarized when you do not have what the other person has which can be anything hair is a good example

Old 12-26-2013, 04:59 PM

Arabs and Assyrians are Semite as well
yes they are and look at their beautiful interaction with each other when they have so much in common geography history common ancestry and to remind you for me being a racist is simple running from to rather than from to on to

Old 12-26-2013, 09:21 PM

878 posts, read 1,280,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I think he or she is just saying that criticizing Israel doesn't instantly make you anti-Semitic.
Vaguely. It was the No True Scotsman fallacy, so he did concede in subtext that there were exceptions to his first claim.

P: No critic of Israel would be so because of his opinion about Jews.

"Someone's opinion of Israel has nothing to do with his/her opinion of Jews."

Q: Stormfront neo-nazis criticise Israel because they are opinionated about Jews.

P: Well no true critic of Israel would be so because of his opinion about Jews.

"Stormfront is full of kooks ... I wouldn't take their opinions seriously."

Old 12-26-2013, 09:50 PM

5,409 posts, read 3,805,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
what is clearly anti-semitism meted out under the contrived guise of 'anti-zionism'.
Don't mean to disturb the peace, and mean no offense, but this comment made me think of this video...

**** Zionists Say [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

Old 12-27-2013, 01:32 PM

532 posts, read 542,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Then he wouldn't be saying anything that would disagree with my comment, because nowhere have I claimed or implied that all who criticize Israel are anti-semitic. To disagree with my comment, he would need to make an absolute claim, like "noone who hates Israel does so because they hate Jews". And that's precisely what he did.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:10 PM

1,789 posts, read 1,980,421 times
Some of the posts on this thread are so ridiculous it's sad!

The thread is about proving the Palestinian claim that Israel poisoned Arafat was a lie. It has NOTHING to do with all the so-called Anti-Semetic stuff.

[Shaking my head]

Old 12-27-2013, 07:42 PM

I don't understand the need to justify and/or offering ones consolations after the death of somebody that you consider to be different than your conceived notion of self hey fertilizers don't have feelings not very tactful but the truth none the less
and don't get me wrong but a country and/or countries reason for being will cease to exist in a couple of centuries at most
so I find their resource management a bit fawlty everybody is entitled to their opinion

Old 12-27-2013, 07:54 PM

4,454 posts, read 6,374,293 times
Should not this be in the Politics forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World