Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:48 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Bullying in the workplace was first identified as a phenomenon and analyzed in Sweden. So no, Americans don't have a corner on that market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 10:06 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Why do we have so many threads asking about Americans on the World forum?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Why do we have so many threads asking about Americans on the World forum?
We seem to have a rash of interest in comparing the US to the rest of the world, or to Europe.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:51 PM

485 posts, read 2,245,565 times
If we go by Judgmental, I would have to say South Korea is the most or one of the most judgmental in the world. Probably also Taiwan, Japan, Venezuela, and Brazil. I say they are judgmental because the percentage of people who have plastic surgery and go under the knife is high. The USA probably has to be up there thanks to places like Miami or LA.

There are lots of stories how those countries I mentioned are so judgmental, they judge on your looks, your social status, occupation, how much money you make, what nice things you have, etc. Also even things you didn't choose such as your height, cheekbones, eyelids, etc.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:57 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times
I don't think its excessive at all. There are alot of ******* in this world.

In my school it is actually awful. Its a constant popularity contest between the girls in particular. They are constantly bitching and rowing. They cause massive rows just to get drama. Then they burst into tears and bla bla bla. Alot of them are very plastic with about 5 tonne of make up on.

I suppose thats normal. But the students in my school take everything to the excess. It is also quite common for unpopular people to be bullied to oblivion i.e those who do not conform/act plastic. I know a girl who is very smart and has been bullied for years, she was told by girls that they will make her life a living hell and take her friends away by the time their done.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:00 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times
But in the back of it all boys are the most judgemental imo.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:02 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They're "always" travelling in groups...except the ones who travel solo, or as a couple. Maybe you don't notice those, because individuals are quieter than groups? I know a number of 20-something women who travel alone, and they're nothing like you describe. They tend to make a lot of friends among locals when they travel, because they're warm, friendly and interesting people.
Yes but they seem the minority here among those my age.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
I don't think its excessive at all. There are alot of ******* in this world.

In my school it is actually awful. Its a constant popularity contest between the girls in particular. They are constantly bitching and rowing. They cause massive rows just to get drama. Then they burst into tears and bla bla bla. Alot of them are very plastic with about 5 tonne of make up on.

I suppose thats normal. But the students in my school take everything to the excess. It is also quite common for unpopular people to be bullied to oblivion i.e those who do not conform/act plastic. I know a girl who is very smart and has been bullied for years, she was told by girls that they will make her life a living hell and take her friends away by the time their done.
Are you serious? Sound like a bunch of bratty children. How old are you btw? I hope you mean high school.

How are the boys the most judgemental?

Old 01-09-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Bullying in the workplace was first identified as a phenomenon and analyzed in Sweden. So no, Americans don't have a corner on that market.
I said more judgemental, didn't say Americans are the only ones. That just tells us that Sweden is very sensitive to these issues.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:34 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I said more judgemental, didn't say Americans are the only ones. That just tells us that Sweden is very sensitive to these issues.

Right, but the thing is.. Americans are not more judgmental than other countries.

You should feel really dumb about even starting something like this, and the fact that you don't is a real problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World