U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 12:15 PM

24,257 posts, read 22,930,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
As long as you will still let Santa Clause to deliver presents to American children than its cool.
We might get France on our side this time. Probably worth much more than Italy the last time. And if Italy get their **** together, we might actually win.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-11-2014, 12:20 PM

4,654 posts, read 4,292,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I agree with most of these although our gun laws are a bit wild wild west for a 21st century civilization. I don't understand why anyone cares what measuring system we use. I also don't think they should talk about our lack of traveling and American tourist in the same breath as that makes them look stupid. If we're not travelling, how are you seeing our tourist?

Now as far as things like US foreign policy, declining education standards, those things do effect the rest of the world. The US has more impact in the world than any other nation and I don't think most Americans realize that so those sorts of things I think others have a right to have an opinion on.
That's true in some ways,not necessarily the impact predicted,most of them time,it's a negative impact that causes trouble overseas.
Certain rap songs,certain violent Rambo-type movies ,created a gang mentality and jungle-laws type in poor third world countries.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:21 PM

8,167 posts, read 11,882,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
We'll get you ameriCUNTS in the next world war! Your days are numbered...
Oh, quit your complaining. If Finland did not join up with Hitler and the Axis powers in the last World War, then you could have won the World War too.

Anyhow I hope your kidding with that disgusting c*nt comment. Americans usually treated Finland decently over the years. In WW2, Finland was at war not only with the Soviet Union but also with Britain and the Commonwealth Allies. However the USA, realizing the difficult spot Finland was in, tried to find a middle ground. From Continuation War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Continuation War represents the only case of a genuinely democratic state (FINLAND) participating in World War II on the side of the Axis powers, albeit without being a signatory of the Tripartite Pact. The United Kingdom declared war on Finland on 6 December 1941, with Canada and New Zealand declaring war on Finland on 7 December and Australia and South Africa declaring war the next day. U.S. Secretary of State Cordell Hull congratulated the Finnish envoy on 3 October 1941 for the liberation of Karelia but warned Finland not to enter Soviet territory; furthermore, the United States did not declare war on Finland when it went to war with the Axis countries and, together with the UK, approached Soviet Premier Josef Stalin at the Tehran Conference about acknowledging Finnish independence. However, the U.S. government seized Finnish merchant ships in American ports, and in the summer of 1944 shut down Finnish diplomatic and commercial offices in the United States as a result of President Ryti's treaty with Germany. The U.S. government later warned Finland about the consequences of continued adherence to the Axis.[105]

Finnish radio intelligence is said to have participated effectively in German actions against British convoys to Murmansk.[107] Throughout the war, German aircraft operating from airfields in northern Finland attacked British air and naval units based in Murmansk and Archangelsk

Old 01-11-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Nope we all know Pearl Harbor was the start of WWII.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Uh huh. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what YOU thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Aw, come on. I sure hope that was a joke. lol
Unfortunately Magnatomicflux, you would be amazed how many Americans think that.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:29 PM

16,409 posts, read 29,458,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Unfortunately Magnatomicflux, you would be amazed how many Americans think that.

Not many at all.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:33 PM

24,257 posts, read 22,930,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Oh, quit your complaining. If Finland did not join up with Hitler and the Axis powers in the last World War, then you could have won the World War too.

Anyhow I hope your kidding with that disgusting c*nt comment.
Yeah, I was joking. We joined up with Hitler and we lost. (Ok, we asked for Britain, France and the US for help before that, but only Sweden gave any aid.) Nevertheless, you don't have to be much of a fortune teller to guess on which side my country's gonna side on in the next world war. It's the same one we sided on the last two times.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Not many at all.
From what I have seen, certainly more then a few.

History is not exactly a strong subject for many people and I am not just talking about Americans.

Regarding WW2, many people know about the London Blitz, the Fall of France, and to a lesser extent about the blitzkrieg against Poland, but many don't know that they happened before Pearl Harbor, not after.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:42 PM

4,120 posts, read 5,279,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Not many at all.
Really? Do a poll and ask Americans what year WWII began. More than half will say 1941 or 1942.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:43 PM

4,120 posts, read 5,279,231 times
Quote:
You sure like to hang out in my threads alot despite me being annoying.
A lot is 2 words, not one.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yeah, I was joking. We joined up with Hitler and we lost. (Ok, we asked for Britain, France and the US for help before that, but only Sweden gave any aid.) Nevertheless, you don't have to be much of a fortune teller to guess on which side my country's gonna side on in the next world war. It's the same one we sided on the last two times.
Finland was part of Russia in the first WW1 so I am guessing you are talking about Finnish partisans against the Russians?

Its interesting that Britain and France were actually thinking about helping Finland during the Winter War (America was still neutral) and if they did, the Western Democracies would have been war with both Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union at the same time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.