U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:54 PM

22,344 posts, read 23,548,977 times

Advertisements

Suppose that you're a person who LOVES to be served in all kinds of ways - whether it's by chefs, housecleaners, limousine drivers, maids, child babysitters, flight attendants, massage therapists, hair stylists, landscapers, personal assistants, butlers, etc., etc.

Which country will offer you the best bang for your buck if you want it all?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 01:57 PM

37,724 posts, read 37,997,524 times
I don't know the answer to your question. But my guess would be a Latin American country such as Ecuador.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:13 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,369,059 times
The Middle East, like Dubai, Bahrain or Kuwait (note that Kuwait is "dry"). Because, no labor laws, no minimum wage, good infrastructure, and lots of cheap labor imported from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and the Phillippines.

One could debate the morality of hiring people who are clearly glorified slaves, but this is the most direct answer to your question.

It's crazy - the amount of people looking for jobs in these countries. If you have the bucks to spare, you'll have two people fighting to open your car, three people fighting to take your luggage to your house, well you get the idea...

Old 01-13-2014, 05:46 PM

9,781 posts, read 18,468,637 times
Definitely somewhere in Asia. Even a relatively middle class person from the US, Germany, Japan or Australia can live like a king there and be treated like one. Places like India, Sri Lanka, Jordan, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Philippines, China.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:48 PM

16,408 posts, read 28,741,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Definitely somewhere in Asia. Even a relatively middle class person from the US, Germany, Japan or Australia can live like a king there and be treated like one. Places like India, Sri Lanka, Jordan, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Philippines, China.

I would second Asia over the middle east. In India, everything is very cheap. I feel like the middle east would be able to give the best service out there, but also for a very hefty charge.

Just remember though, if it is high end enough.. it's going to cost you an arm and a leg for it anywhere in the world

Old 01-13-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I would second Asia over the middle east. In India, everything is very cheap. I feel like the middle east would be able to give the best service out there, but also for a very hefty charge.

Just remember though, if it is high end enough.. it's going to cost you an arm and a leg for it anywhere in the world
I've only been to the UAE, but it's probably the most expensive place in the Middle East. I hear Iran is very cheap though. But yeah India is very cheap of course, a foreigner there could easily have servants, cooks, chauffeurs etc even on a modest professional wage.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I've only been to the UAE, but it's probably the most expensive place in the Middle East. I hear Iran is very cheap though. But yeah India is very cheap of course, a foreigner there could easily have servants, cooks, chauffeurs etc even on a modest professional wage.
Yeah, even the middle class/people living at a low standard of living have servants in their houses

Old 01-13-2014, 08:21 PM

14,870 posts, read 19,610,376 times
Quote:
Lets organize a City-Data posters trip to Iran!

Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lets organize a City-Data posters trip to Iran!

I'd love to go, but only if we can take a side trip to Syria.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 PM

Dunno about Americans, but Iran is actually pretty safe and hospitable to travel to from what people who've been have said. I'd love to go one day, but I've a lot more places to see first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World