Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 05:47 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,590,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
He's still the representative of his single district in Ohio, however; those are the people he has to appeal to in order to get reelected to the House of Representatives. His fellow Republicans made him Speaker of the House, not the American public as a whole. That was my point. I don't know why you put so much emphasis on the fact that he's third inline for the presidency. I mean, the Secretary of State is 4th in line, but we sure as hell didn't vote for John Kerry to have that position.

I don't disagree with the fact that he's [Boehner] an experienced politician, but I don't agree with his fiscal policies and I frankly think a lot of the things he thinks would be good for the US economy would do more harm than good, but I'll leave it at that and agree to disagree.
No i agree with you,regarding his his views on the economy but he is the 4th political figure in the US right now,he made that comment,not on behalf of the republican or on behalf of his district but as a speaker of the house.
he's not any average american that you can easily meet on the street,he's an important political figure in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 07:19 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
On the contrary, I think Invincibl3's comments give us keen insight into the workings of the mind of your typical Joe Sixpack in the states, who watches CNBC and genuinely believes that their country is in an economic recovery.
I can't tell if you're being serious or facetious but I'll go with the latter and say, yeah, that's the problem.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:14 AM

168 posts, read 251,263 times
lol, 7 pages of arguments about a ranking from the freaking Heritage Foundation, reported by Russian state television. Remember Heritage think gay people are evil, and ENDA (the Employment Non-Discrimination Act) is a serious violation of our civil liberties, anti-discrimination?!? Also it's the same group who think poor people deserve to be poor.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:26 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrannosaurusZack;33086248[B
]lol, 7 pages of arguments about a ranking from the freaking Heritage Foundation[/b], reported by Russian state television. Remember Heritage think gay people are evil, and ENDA (the Employment Non-Discrimination Act) is a serious violation of our civil liberties, anti-discrimination?!? Also it's the same group who think poor people deserve to be poor.
Are you surprised? this is about the United States.

any little thing we do people go insane lol.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:24 PM

130 posts, read 133,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Come on, I realize lot of you folks from Texas kinda live in your little own world down there… and in fairness, we 'Kalifornians' ain't much better. But at least we can tell the difference between 'facts', and info. with an obvious self-serving 'agenda' (right or left). And I didn't even mention Rupert Murdoch's WSJ, and the Cato Institute, and the National review, etc., etc.… which all just keep repeating the same dang pseudo-'facts' over and over without question (as though that makes it "more true")!

But to your question… even according to Heritage's "criteria", do you really think the U.S. has less property rights now than Hong Kong (now a part of China)?! Or even compared to Canadian, New Zealand and Irish Property Laws, all rooted in the British Monarchy? And BTW, how come no mention of 'Human Rights' Freedom too… or isn't that important to Free Market 'evangelists' anymore? Or how 'bout Income Disparity (with Singpore among the worst)?!
The USA is shall we say different in the application of it's property laws, the first time I went to the USA I was surprised to see that some beaches are private.
One thing about coming from a Commonwealth country is that you know beaches with very few exceptions are owned by the Crown.

Interesting that that all the top ten prosperous countries are liberal countries, and eight out of the ten are Monarchies.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Are you surprised? this is about the United States.

any little thing we do people go insane lol.
Who is "we" and who are the people going "insane"? My goodness in this case they'd be the same people, so essentially you're whining at Americans for expressing their freedom of speech criticizing America.

Would it would be fair then, using your words with their implied meaning, to say any criticism of America by anyone and iNviNciBL3 will go "insane".

Old 01-20-2014, 06:11 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,021 times
RT was a part of this study? surely you jest? they are based out of Moscow, their reporters are FU FU, one who is a ( has been wannabe) American and they are one of most anti-American news agency known to man, only second to a news agency out of the (middle east). I throw the BS Flag on behalf of the USA.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:54 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaraka66 View Post
The USA is shall we say different in the application of it's property laws, the first time I went to the USA I was surprised to see that some beaches are private.
One thing about coming from a Commonwealth country is that you know beaches with very few exceptions are owned by the Crown.

Interesting that that all the top ten prosperous countries are liberal countries, and eight out of the ten are Monarchies.
Beaches here can be private, state owned or federally owned. Private beaches are relatively few though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World