Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 02:32 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times

Advertisements

You see Americans pretty much everywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 02:44 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I would say Germans, Australians and Israelis.
Canadians probably as well.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:45 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
Germany
Netherlands
Australians
new Zealanders

the british and probably irish are good travellers but tend to be found in particular areas of the world , the british especially love the whole tacky hot European party location ( wherever it happens to be ) , the above nations you might bump into anywhere , independent travellers

Old 01-17-2014, 03:47 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You see Americans pretty much everywhere

not in my experience , you meet middle aged or seniors in comfortable surroundings globally but cheap independent travelling , not so much compared to germans , dutch etc

that said I did meet plenty in south America , I guess its closer to home but still exotic

Old 01-17-2014, 03:56 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
Germany
Netherlands
Australians
new Zealanders

the british and probably irish are good travellers but tend to be found in particular areas of the world , the british especially love the whole tacky hot European party location ( wherever it happens to be ) , the above nations you might bump into anywhere , independent travellers
I disagree. There are a lot of Brits who travel further afield and end up in places like Thailand and Indonesia. Southern Europe is more popular amongst young Brits looking to party - a specific niche, whereas middle-class Brits in particular are more likely to travel further afield and can be found almost anywhere in the world. I'd say Brits are very good travelers and get around quite a lot.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:49 PM

36 posts, read 41,148 times
Aussies for sure, Germans, French, Swedish and Switz

Americans seem to be a bit scared about crime and such going out of there country, how ironic.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonISBACK View Post
Aussies for sure, Germans, French, Swedish and Switz

Americans seem to be a bit scared about crime and such going out of there country, how ironic.
Are you just making up random assumptions about Americans (like what most people on this forum love to do)?

Cause i know Americans who have been to really exotic places in India and Africa.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:03 PM

36 posts, read 41,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Are you just making up random assumptions about Americans (like what most people on this forum love to do)?

Cause i know Americans who have been to really exotic places in India and Africa.
Nope. I don't make up things, or any type of assumptions, me and my wife traveled to Spain a few summers back. It was very nice, the culture was superior, the weather, the beaches and the history was excellent. We do tend to stay away from areas that were not recommended to us, but other than that we are very adventurous. Forgot to mention something I am American. I live in Dallas, Texas, not the place I would want to be but its nice. But generally Americans tend to worry a bit more about things.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:51 PM

728 posts, read 974,590 times
I'd say Australians, Brits, Americans, Chinese, and then Canadians.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonISBACK View Post
Nope. I don't make up things, or any type of assumptions, me and my wife traveled to Spain a few summers back. It was very nice, the culture was superior, the weather, the beaches and the history was excellent. We do tend to stay away from areas that were not recommended to us, but other than that we are very adventurous. Forgot to mention something I am American. I live in Dallas, Texas, not the place I would want to be but its nice. But generally Americans tend to worry a bit more about things.
Lmfao, people from all over the world worry about things... its not just an "american" thing ..

I know plenty of people who have been all over, others are just simply happy to stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World