U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 04:42 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,602,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I didn't know you had relatives in the lower Mainland !

They must know about this place in New West then? This made me smile. " We also stock African and Newfoundland foods."

Home
I sure do and have always enjoyed my visits. Despite the lack of certain goods and black cultural institutions my family say they couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I can definitely see the attraction.

I will ask them about the place you linked. The collection of goods made me chuckle also.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 03:10 PM

96 posts, read 41,008 times
Interesting question. Although this was posted some time ago, I thought I would respond using some data rather than just opinion. As a proxy for liberal or progressive, I have used the numbers of elected representatives of the Greens party in each country:

New Zealand 8/120 (House of Reps - no senate
Australia 1/150 (Reps) and 9/76 (senate) or 9/226 total
Canada 1/338 (Commons) and 1/105 (senate)
USA none anywhere

Yes there are significant differences in voting systems that can account for the variations but even that observation is a comment on attitudes to a more appropriate representation.

Essentially, this data implies that NZ is the most progressive and the US the least.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World