U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 10:25 AM

25,057 posts, read 32,193,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You have no idea how foreign parts of the southwest including Southern California can be at times.
Yes I do. There are pockets like this I realize in the SW US but it's not on the same scale as having a huge area that stretches the same distance as from the Atlantic coast of France to the Poland-Belarus border where the cops all talk on the radio and write out reports in French, plans for buildings are drawn up in French, contracts are signed in French, cinemas and theatres are in French, McDonald's is in French, Home Depot is in French. And not just in pockets - basically everywhere.

And which has its own entertainment industry, magazine industry, publishing industry, film industry, music industry, awards shows, TV channels, radio networks, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 12:12 PM

12,892 posts, read 12,856,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Hey, don't pull a muscle there patting yourself on the back (…lol)!

Just like in the U.S., certain parts of the country vary, oftentimes a lot! And there's a big difference between laws on paper, and the reality. For example maybe none of you folks in 'progressive' Toronto have ever been to Calgary, which even Stormfront mentions is the Hate-Crime Capital of Canada (yee-hah, eh)!
I wasn't patting myself on the back - I was patting Nat's back

Actually I've never been to Calgary and if I do it would most likely be as a springboard to the Rockies.. Calgary does however have N.A's first Muslim Mayor and he is probably Gay - so i'd say the majority of Calgarians are probably pretty progressive minus a small but vocal group of morons! Certainly this small group isn't representative of Canadiana - and seriously, you can't tell me the land of Honey Boo Boo and the Whites of W.V is less redneck and more progressive than Canada lol :P...right!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naheed_Nenshi

Last edited by fusion2; 01-30-2014 at 12:29 PM..

Old 01-30-2014, 12:25 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,864 posts, read 9,507,623 times
Nope, nobody's suggesting that the U.S. doesn't have its own share of "issues". But the point I'm making is that we usually don't start "tap-dancing" around it either, whenever the subject comes up (let alone rush to 'congratulate' ourselves).

Heck, would y'all even allow a "Honey Boo Boo" on Canadian tv (or maybe just as long as she spoke French)?!

Old 01-30-2014, 12:34 PM

25,057 posts, read 32,193,165 times
Quote:
Nope, nobody's suggesting that the U.S. doesn't have its own share of "issues". But the point I'm making is that we usually don't start "tap-dancing" around it either, whenever the subject comes up (let alone rush to 'congratulate' ourselves).

Heck, would y'all even allow a "Honey Boo Boo" on Canadian tv (or maybe just as long as she spoke French)?!

In Canada you can actually have access to Honey Boo Boo in the original English AND dubbed into French!

Old 01-30-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:

I'm not tap dancing around anything actually - I had no idea Calgary was the 'hate crime' capital of Canada... but if you look at the incidences, albeit high for Canada are still pretty low.. I think you are being overly dramatic about my back patting lol - like seriously... trust me i'm a humble little gay boy - I promise.. I only have a slight singe of Nationalism that is pretty healthy lol

Honey Boo Boo is on Canadian Television - TLC is part of expanded cable TV in Canada.. The Whites was even on Canadian version of Netflix - didn't even have to engage my VPN to watch it

Old 01-30-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
In Canada you can actually have access to Honey Boo Boo in the original English AND dubbed into French!
I must confess - I haven't watched the Dubbed French version of Boo Boo, but it would probably make it too sophisticated

Boo Boo and a romantic language - kind of oxymoronic

Old 01-30-2014, 12:43 PM

26 posts, read 28,626 times
Quote:

Are you saying the USA doesn't tap dance around issues like race? The USA along with UK are the globals capitals of political correctness. Everyone is protected from criticism except whites, which is racist considering there is no race majority in the USA.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:51 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,864 posts, read 9,507,623 times
^ I dunno, you seem to be attracted to the "controversial" issues, like race and gays. So, been experiencing a lot of problems here with starting your threads and discussing those issues, due to "political correctness"?

Old 01-30-2014, 03:11 PM

14,788 posts, read 15,517,570 times
Quote:

what in the hell is a honey boo boo ?

Old 01-30-2014, 03:13 PM

22,256 posts, read 26,759,495 times
You don't even want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World