Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 08:46 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times

Advertisements

Having seen how far race relations and civil rights have come in this country I thought the United States may have been the worst, but in today's world I think we are far from it. After listening to radio broadcasts of people interviewed from Brazil, Colombia, and Venezuela I think that South America may be far more racist, even in today's age than is the United States. I'm also aware that the race relations in South Africa are horrible. It wasn't until the 1990's that schools were integrated there.

When it comes to the rest of the world, I must say, I'm pretty ignorant. I have no idea what race relations in Europe or Asia are like.

So tell me, what country has the worst race relations or is the most racist in the world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 08:54 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Are you specifically talking about racism against black people?

Old 02-15-2014, 08:58 AM

No. I never mentioned racism specifically against black people, hence why I included the whole world and inquired about the European and Asian continents. I mean racism as a whole against any race in any country.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:59 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,685,373 times
I'd imagine Japan.

I mean, they dont even allow immigrants to immigrate there.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:27 PM

261 posts, read 512,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I'd imagine Japan.

And yet why is it that you never hear about any protest about that over their. Oh right. The Japanese are smart enough to keep Japan for the people that bulidt it.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:10 PM

89 posts, read 209,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
And yet why is it that you never hear about any protest about that over their. Oh right. The Japanese are smart enough to keep Japan for the people that bulidt it.
Exactly, if only the Anglosphere and other western European nations would follow Japan's way to preserve their population.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I'd imagine Japan.

Seriously? No immigration to Japan? Not sure if I believe that.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:18 AM

89 posts, read 209,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Seriously? No immigration to Japan? Not sure if I believe that.
Demographics of Japan today is 98.5% Japanese with the rest being other East Asians.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:30 AM

201 posts, read 416,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
It's not so smart. They have zero population growth. Which is negatively impacting the economy, both in terms of no growing markets, no demand for new construction. But also in terms of the ageing population being a drain on the countries taxes.
No, Japan is shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing immigration.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:29 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,006,450 times
Japan is wise to not allow immigration. It's a small place with no space for more people. Fully 2/3rds of each island is uninhabitable because they can't live on those kinds of craggy mountains that jut up vertically in the middle for the full length of each island. The habitable and agricultural areas of the islands are the coastlines and low foot hills and all their cities are on the coasts because they can't build inland. The Japanese people are 127 million people living and working crammed together like sardines in a can and working themselves to death. They have a word for death from over-work, the word is "karoshi" and it's the most controversial health issue in Japan.

Take a look at the topographical map, you'll see the cities are on coastlines at lower elevations and that the rocky, craggy mountains take up most of the space. That's all Japan is - rocks sticking up out of the ocean.

File:Japan topo en.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World