Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 04:13 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
If you believe in Trickle Down Economics

Decline of unions and increase in cheap labor, eliminates the benefit to the general population
Yeah, because unions saved the jobs of thousands over at Hostess... oh wait, no they forced the bankruptcy of Hostess, which resulted in thousands of jobs gone!

BTW: I voted for Obama both elections and consider myself a Democrat, but unions are no longer needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 04:40 PM

296 posts, read 469,066 times
Quote:

Decline of unions and increase in cheap labor, eliminates the benefit to the general population
Some rebuttals are so bad I think they're best left as they are.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:56 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times
What's interesting is you know the US is the sole power by just reading the threads in this forum.

It seems like everything is XYZ vs USA lol. It's rare to come across a thread that doesn't directly involve the US.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:57 PM

1,523 posts, read 2,863,165 times
Quote:

You're kidding, right?

Old 03-15-2014, 05:14 PM

531 posts, read 594,682 times
It does affect private sector borrowing costs. A big advantage even for the lowly peons I would say.

Quote:

Old 03-15-2014, 05:41 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,614,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I think the current crisis in the Ukraine proved that the US isn't the world's sole world power anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
What's interesting is you know the US is the sole power by just reading the threads in this forum.

It seems like everything is XYZ vs USA lol. It's rare to come across a thread that doesn't directly involve the US.
What do you expect? We're the most dominant country in the world. Lol

Old 03-15-2014, 06:10 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,968,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
The US never was a sole world superpower(Russia, EU, China) and is rapidly losing its superpower status to China and India. It is in decay in just about every aspect: income, education, science, information technology, business, industrial production, etc to mostly Asia. This has been going on for decades already.

There are predictions by economists that the standard of living in China will have overtaken the US by 2025, although frankly that seems a little early to me.
From what I have read and researched defense spending in the United States is still higher than Russia, the EU, and China combined. The Chinese and Russians don't have near the same scale of technology when it comes to military weaponry and capability.

It's often been said that the United States truly put fear in the rest of the world in the Gulf War back in 1991. The most powerful country in the middle east was systematically destroyed in under 2 months. The speed at which we dismantled that country let the rest of the world know how far we had come militarily.

Also, China has done wonders to lift millions of people out of poverty and put them into its new and emerging middle class, but comparatively they are still a long ways behind the United States, and their growth has been slowing in recent years. While I do think China has the best chance of usurping that title, there will have to be a lot of mistakes made in the U.S. to allow them to climb that ladder.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:16 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,379,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
When America splits into multiple countries or when the EU becomes one country
^This

Old 03-15-2014, 09:17 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,379,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I was actually pointing toward Sarah Palin would lead us to oblivion within our lifetime. We would probably have gone to war with Syria, Iran, North Korea, Russia and still be fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan if she hypothetically was president.

I think the real reason for the downfall of the US would be stretching ourselves too much across the globe. Almost every major power was eventually brought down because they stretched themselves too thin. We need to start minding our own business.
^^^And this

Old 03-15-2014, 09:32 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I think the current crisis in the Ukraine proved that the US isn't the world's sole world power anymore.
How did it do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World