Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 07:43 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranger View Post
But, then again, as someone who has spent quite a bit of time in London, you'd be wrong. So, take it from someone else, it is one of the most dynamic cities in the world, and the feeling is palpable when you're there. Maybe you should visit London before forming an opinion. In fact, it's much more dynamic than San Francisco, whose location at the top of this list is baffling to a lot of posters including me. Silicon Valley is indeed the source of huge amounts of innovation, but it's a good 40 miles south of San Francisco. And, in fact, it's a lot closer to San Jose ... say no more.
Wrong about what?? Did you even read my posts in entirety and also look for context or did you just cherry pick my response to someone else and assume that I said London wasn't dynamic for whatever reason lol? I never contended London at all and was challenging the list as a whole - not some individual cities. Perhaps you should read all my posts and get back to me.. As a matter of fact, you are questioning the integrity of the list yourself lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 02:15 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Having cities ranked according to specific criteria is alright, but it'd be helpful and a lot more interesting to see what data they're using to come to the conclusion they have.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:55 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,669,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Wrong about what?? Did you even read my posts in entirety and also look for context or did you just cherry pick my response to someone else and assume that I said London wasn't dynamic for whatever reason lol? I never contended London at all and was challenging the list as a whole - not some individual cities. Perhaps you should read all my posts and get back to me.. As a matter of fact, you are questioning the integrity of the list yourself lol
How about I don't and we just call it a day. Perhaps if you were more constructive and less combative in your responses, you'd save yourself pointless "confusion".

Old 03-17-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranger View Post
How about I don't and we just call it a day. Perhaps if you were more constructive and less combative in your responses, you'd save yourself pointless "confusion".
Nice way to deflect the fact that you didn't read my posts! To be clear to you - I in no way made the allegation that London wasn't a dynamic city in any way, yet you try to pin it on me for as yet unknown reason(s) lol...Perhaps if you actually read posts before cherry picking your responses you wouldn't get combative responses from people you wrongfully accuse of something they didn't say, allege or even remotely insinuate.

Again, If you read my posts you'd understand you are wrong here - I never ever said that London wasn't dynamic in ANY way. I said I challenged the overall integrity of the list and its criteria... cities I cited that I didn't even think should be on the list vs some I thought should be - London wasn't one of them btw - I didn't even mention London until the other dude did!! You yourself challenged the list by questioning the placement of London vs S.F - we're on the same team here and you don't even know it

Last edited by fusion2; 03-17-2014 at 04:40 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Having cities ranked according to specific criteria is alright, but it'd be helpful and a lot more interesting to see what data they're using to come to the conclusion they have.
Agreed!

Last edited by fusion2; 03-17-2014 at 04:37 PM..

Old 03-19-2014, 03:35 PM

354 posts, read 681,961 times
I am guess this list have something to do with business and tech and their development? Some great cities on the list, but I'm not sure if I would consider some of the others dynamic for living or even visiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World