Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 03:26 PM

70 posts, read 163,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
This directed at me or Dunno what to put here?
Nope, it wasn't directed at you.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:46 PM

352 posts, read 498,811 times
Brazil? Argentina?
Don't know the demographics of those countries, though, and many people are a mixture of black, white, "Hispanic" Also quite a few Eastern Asians

Old 04-14-2014, 03:56 PM

22,118 posts, read 29,517,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Poverty is a factor of course but a White working class male has a higher chance to move out out of poverty
I've never seen anything to suggest that this is remotely true, but if you can provide evidence to support your claim, then I'll concede.

I mean, don't get me wrong, ethnic minorities have been the victim of insitutional racism, and still face casual racism today, but I don't believe that a black person from a similar background to a white person will be at a disadvantage providing they are at similar skill levels. Likewise, a black person born into a middle-class Surrey family would probably have a higher chance of being successful in adulthood, than a white person born in some sink estate in East London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post
I'm really not sure what you're trying to achieve here. What you are posting really has no validation in the real world - it's pretty much a regurgitation of the worn-out soundbite of white bias in the western media - because apparently news outlets like the BBC and CNN have an axe to grind with the rest of the world (in the mind of nutty conspiracy theorists with nothing better to do).

It's getting pretty boring, to be honest. Also, you need to stop accusing everyone of being an ignorant American. I'm not American, and I do not watch American news, or read American newspapers. Please, think of something different when arguing your case (something that doesn't make you look like a rambling imbecile).

But hey - if you prefer to base your posts on videos of African Americans apparently living life to the full in some third-world, poverty-stricken, sub-Saharan hellhole, then that's fine - really. I'll continue to get my information from reliable sources and professionals who have an iota of a clue of what they're talking about.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 04-14-2014 at 04:12 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 04:12 PM

Since you didn't actually post what you were replying to, I'll do it for you.

Quote:
It is ignorance and it is largely based on how western media depicts Africa. You obviously haven't looked at some of the videos I've posted in this very thread or bothered to do research of your own on what AFRICAN AMERICANS say about moving and being happier abroad. It has nothing to do with feeling sorry for oneself and has everything to do with taking an honest evaluation at ones circumstances and coming to realize there maybe, and probably is better out there. Either way, I see that there's no reasoning with you, and you have your mind set on America having the best and the fairest of everything, so there's no point in me further responding to your nonsense.

These HDI reports are largely biased and largely, if not solely developed by White people. It's as though they take what White countries happen to have that some other countries don't, make that the main criteria for their research and say, "Look! You see because this is the evidence we happened to focus on, European countries and European people are better and more developed than everyone else." How about they make their criteria centering around which governments don't lie to their own people to start some fake war? How about they make the criteria centering around which governments don't lie to their people and raise taxes to fund said unnecessary war? How about they make the main criteria about which governments don't poison their people with GMOs and harmful pesticides? They're effectively saying, these European countries are the best because we said so...It doesn't wash. I'm done buying ANYTHING western media/culture tries to tell me about other countries, especially Africa. If you want to continue to be lied to by America's government controlled media, be my guest.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
Brazil? Argentina?
Don't know the demographics of those countries, though, and many people are a mixture of black, white, "Hispanic" Also quite a few Eastern Asians
Thanks.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:34 PM

9,970 posts, read 12,351,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I've never seen anything to suggest that this is remotely true, but if you can provide evidence to support your claim, then I'll concede.

I mean, don't get me wrong, ethnic minorities have been the victim of insitutional racism, and still face casual racism today, but I don't believe that a black person from a similar background to a white person will be at a disadvantage providing they are at similar skill levels. Likewise, a black person born into a middle-class Surrey family would probably have a higher chance of being successful in adulthood, than a white person born in some sink estate in East London.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to achieve here. What you are posting really has no validation in the real world - it's pretty much a regurgitation of the worn-out soundbite of white bias in the western media - because apparently news outlets like the BBC and CNN have an axe to grind with the rest of the world (in the mind of nutty conspiracy theorists with nothing better to do).

It's getting pretty boring, to be honest. Also, you need to stop accusing everyone of being an ignorant American. I'm not American, and I do not watch American news, or read American newspapers. Please, think of something different when arguing your case (something that doesn't make you look like a rambling imbecile).

But hey - if you prefer to base your posts on videos of African Americans apparently living life to the full in some third-world, poverty-stricken, sub-Saharan hellhole, then that's fine - really. I'll continue to get my information from reliable sources and professionals who have an iota of a clue of what they're talking about.

I don't understand why you're so surprised by my statement there's many articles and studies to back up everything I've said.

Not to get personal but maybe the fact your a white British male living in Suburban Leeds, you do t see discrimination or understand anything in talking about.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/th...ort-times-less

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

http://www.beautyredefined.net/beaut...omen-of-color/
http://www.whiteprivilegeconference....privilege.html

Last edited by P London; 04-14-2014 at 04:48 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM

733 posts, read 936,809 times
Quote:
You're getting on a tangent that has nothing to do with the question I asked. I did not use the wrong word, I asked what is the best non-White majority place to live for Black people. That's EXACTLY what I meant. Now you come along splitting hairs with this White plurality garbage. I don't wish to live in either, do you get it now? I've tried my best to talk down to your level and simplify things for you. Either way if you do get it or if you choose not to get it, I'm done responding to you.

Please try to stick with the topic...
You did use the wrong word when you said Brazil was white majority, it's white plurality, that's what you meant but you used the wrong word for it. Now if you're really looking for non-white plurality places to live for black people that's a different issue, and that's again the wrong word. If you don't wanna live in either that's up to you, you don't have to be so rude about it, and it is better to use the right words so people can respond more accurately to what you want.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

You don't think that today's racism will hold back an ethnic minority that is otherwise equal to a white person? That sounds awfully naive.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Go down there, try to find a job and live. Then come back and tell us we're ignorant and listen to "western media".

You should stop believing everything you read on infowars.com
Infowars doesn't have an anti-American slant, it has a very pro-American slant and appeals mostly to right wing populist white people that often have a racist slant to themselves last I checked.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
You did use the wrong word when you said Brazil was white majority, it's white plurality, that's what you meant but you used the wrong word for it. Now if you're really looking for non-white plurality places to live for black people that's a different issue, and that's again the wrong word. If you don't wanna live in either that's up to you, you don't have to be so rude about it, and it is better to use the right words so people can respond more accurately to what you want.
I'm not going to argue over a couple percentage points...Brazil is what 47, 48% White? That's close enough to being majority. I did not use the wrong word in regards to my original question. As I've already re-stated for those who like to play semantics, I don't wish to live in a White plurality or White majority country, get it now? Also too, since we're correcting people, when writing about an ethnic group you want to make sure you capitalize the initial letter ie, "White" and "Black".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.