Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 02:58 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post

I would bet almost anything you're not speaking from experience...There's too much umm "American" (Shall we say) ignorance in your statement. I've spoken with African Americans who would wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. Please reference the list I provided to Euro, and please stop speaking on subjects you know nothing about and haven't bothered to research.

How about, instead of making posts online and calling people ignorant you leave your house and go? Buy an airplane ticket and go somewhere. Head down to Africa, although you're not going to be looked at as some long lost brother, you're going to be a foreigner.. an American foreigner.

You've gotten a lot of information, not only that but you are not really accepting the information you're given .. so why ask? Just go and do something for yourself.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:35 PM

70 posts, read 163,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
How about, instead of making posts online and calling people ignorant you leave your house and go? Buy an airplane ticket and go somewhere. Head down to Africa, although you're not going to be looked at as some long lost brother, you're going to be a foreigner.. an American foreigner.

You've gotten a lot of information, not only that but you are not really accepting the information you're given .. so why ask? Just go and do something for yourself.
Yes I have gotten a lot of information...Both from here and other sources. The information I've gotten here has been from White and mostly prejudice people who have never been to any part of African, who have never done any serious research on African American's living abroad. By the enormously broad generalizations that I've read here, there seems to be a lot of knee jerk reactions to; People who's feelings/pride have been hurt from someone stating they would have the audacity not to want to live around them, or people who are ignorant to anything outside of their little America bubble. As I've stated before, I'm not looking to move to be treated as if I'm a long lost brother, hell I'm open to move to Asian countries or even Latin American countries where of course that would not be the case. Again if you wish to enlighten yourself take a look at some of these videos.

African American in Africa: The Reasoning - YouTube

Black People In Medellin, Colombia - YouTube

I didn't just step out of the cotton fields, so trying to convince me that White people in Canada and America are the most accepting is futile.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:25 AM

733 posts, read 939,622 times
Quote:
The two aren't mutually exclusive. You're using semantics, I will try to speak in simpler terms for you in the future.

No, MOST Brazilians are not. Look up the demographics in Brazil.

I would bet almost anything you're not speaking from experience...There's too much umm "American" (Shall we say) ignorance in your statement. I've spoken with African Americans who would wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. Please reference the list I provided to Euro, and please stop speaking on subjects you know nothing about and haven't bothered to research.
I'm the one that was thinking simply? I know I'm not the one that thought largest ethnic group means majority and then instead of admitting I'm wrong merely dismissed my comment as playing on words when I was just pointing out a fact.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Yes I have gotten a lot of information...Both from here and other sources. The information I've gotten here has been from White and mostly prejudice people who have never been to any part of African, who have never done any serious research on African American's living abroad. By the enormously broad generalizations that I've read here, there seems to be a lot of knee jerk reactions to; People who's feelings/pride have been hurt from someone stating they would have the audacity not to want to live around them, or people who are ignorant to anything outside of their little America bubble. As I've stated before, I'm not looking to move to be treated as if I'm a long lost brother, hell I'm open to move to Asian countries or even Latin American countries where of course that would not be the case. Again if you wish to enlighten yourself take a look at some of these videos.

African American in Africa: The Reasoning - YouTube

Black People In Medellin, Colombia - YouTube

I didn't just step out of the cotton fields, so trying to convince me that White people in Canada and America are the most accepting is futile.
A youtube video isn't going to change my personal experience. As I said, do as you wish but you're going to be surprised.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:28 AM

70 posts, read 163,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
I'm the one that was thinking simply? I know I'm not the one that thought largest ethnic group means majority and then instead of admitting I'm wrong merely dismissed my comment as playing on words when I was just pointing out a fact.
They are basically the same thing. I'm not going to play semantics with you, I will speak in simpler terms for you in the future. I've heard and read from many White people that just because Whites in the future won't make up more than 50% of the U.S. population and will no longer be more numerous than all the other ethnicities combined that they'll be considered a minority. Even if they make up 49% of the U.S. population, that's not a minority. Whites will make up a much larger portion of the U.S. population than any single ethnic group for a very, very long time. They will be the majority and/or closest to the majority for a very, very long time. Do you get it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
A youtube video isn't going to change my personal experience. As I said, do as you wish but you're going to be surprised.
I don't think anything could change your mind. If hearing it from AFRICAN AMERICANS does nothing to at least make you consider that there's possibly better out there for African Americans, then nothing will. You obviously have your opinion, which is based on nothing more than your preconceived notions and as an American that's your right . Anyways, I'm done with you.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:

I don't think anything could change your mind. If hearing it from AFRICAN AMERICANS does nothing to at least make you consider that there's possibly better out there for African Americans, then nothing will. You obviously have your opinion, which is based on nothing more than your preconceived notions and as an American that's your right . Anyways, I'm done with you.
It's not based on my preconceived notions, it's based on my travels and what I have seen. Regardless, why are you still in USA? Something tells me you'll never move and you'll sit on your computer whining for the next 50 years. That's what your type does.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:43 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,639,000 times
I don't think you created this thread because you are actively seeking to relocate, but to argue identity politics.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:58 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,781 times
OP, there are probably only a few people on this board who truly understand where you are coming from. Most Americans cannot even fathom ever living in a non-White majority country. It just doesn't even register. Even the American men who are attracted to women from non-White countries generally come back to the U.S. once they find their non-American wife. This 'America is superior to all others on the planet' has been forced on everyone. It is the largest and most successful PR campaign in existence. It is kind of like the whole 'White men and women are superior to all others on the planet'. Again, the most successful and longest running PR campaign on the planet. That was forced on everyone as well. You and those who think as you do are seeking to change the perspective, and people will challenge you every step of the way. It calls for a complete paradign shift, and many aren't ready for that. I commend you and any other African-American person who has the courage to think differently. You may want to look at a YouTube video called Blacks Without Borders. It is a series about Black Americans who left the U.S., and are completely thriving in South Africa. There will be others on other countries. If you can grow up in the U.S. as a Black man or women with your sanity intact, given all of the stress of just existing in this environment, then you will be fine wherever you choose to go. Peace.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:15 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,378,757 times
Non white majority countries consider could be Botswana, Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago, The Bahamas, Turkey and Kenya.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:27 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,423 times
Brannen, a question for you? how many skinnies and innocent lives have we saved in the African Rim since 1990?

You don't know? better yet, how many mass murders have their been by killers since 1990? I thought so.

....go get me a beer.

Knight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World