Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 06:16 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times

Advertisements

No.They are KMT's ******* and need to grow a brain to stop arresting innocent people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 12:26 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times
Mostly I suppose. So far my dealings with them have been fine. Not so keen on the police in the UK though, they used some rather sneaky underhand tactics to gain access to my brother to arrest him.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:51 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
I trust the police in USA and Canada. Never met a bad one. I've heard too many bad stories in Mexico and much of Asia.
I own a small business and they have often times stopped in to check on us. Actually every store I have worked in that is true. Lawrence, McPherson, Wichita, Kansas.
I know if I was a cop I'd want body armor, a large weapon, and a suv. The militarization of our police is in response to high violence and criminals having the same thing. People always show videos of police brutality, but never when they are outgunned. Im not saying its ok, but police brutality is pretty rare.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:24 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
For the most part...I mean do I have a choice, really? There are a few corrupt cops, and on an individual level some can act like arseholes, but on the whole, I do.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
I don't trust my local police department, but I trust my state police. Most police corruption in my state is on the local level, they also have the loosest hiring standards. The Pennsylvania State Police requires applicants to have graduated from university first

Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
For the most part...I mean do I have a choice, really? There are a few corrupt cops, and on an individual level some can act like arseholes, but on the whole, I do.
this is my view as well.
On the whole, yes.

Although I realise essentially a police force is made up of individuals, some of which - are aholes.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:22 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Let me put it this way. The police in my country are the only people I FEAR. With reasonable caution and judgment, I can deal with the security of myself and my belongings. But I am powerless to defend myself against the police, if,. whether by intent or misunderstanding or being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I become a "person of interest". The police are thoroughly academy-trained to intimidate the citizenry, and to immediately resort to force and firepower the moment they see that things are no going their own way, and the citizen has no recourse and no power to resist. And the police are then backed up by an infinite supply of resources of funds and manpower to get their way. Whenever there is a conflict between my lawful and constitutional interests and those assumed by the police, the police are automatically presumed to be right. and I alone bear the burden to prove that they are not, at my own expense, which will be huge enough to destroy my life, and unlikely to be successful..

It has nothing to do with an individual officer's good or bad nature, and assuredly the majority are good. It is the presumption that they can never be mistaken (even the bad ones) that is frightening. The police are the true terrorists, for they are the only ones with the power to terrorize, not just with impunity, but with the blessings of the the state who unquestioningly backs them. Note that the state, with all its welath of resources, only prosecutes (entirely on the say-so of the police), and never defends.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:29 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,525,805 times
I did not trust the police department in my hometown of Montreal. When I saw a police cruiser go by, I immediately assumed the habitus of an animal that has spotted a big and dangerous looking carnivore. Many of them can be thugs or corrupt, and the chief of police disgusts me. In Vancouver, however, I have been impressed by the police department and do trust them. I see them much more as protectors and will no longer hesitate to call them.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:17 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
I did not trust the police department in my hometown of Montreal. When I saw a police cruiser go by, I immediately assumed the habitus of an animal that has spotted a big and dangerous looking carnivore. Many of them can be thugs or corrupt, and the chief of police disgusts me. In Vancouver, however, I have been impressed by the police department and do trust them. I see them much more as protectors and will no longer hesitate to call them.
Have you had a not so good experience with a Montreal police officer?

Old 05-07-2014, 03:27 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,578 times
I trust them about as far as I can throw my fingers across the room , without detaching them. One thing I've noticed , at least here , is to avoid them if at all possible. If not , you better hope it isn't a rookie being trained by a sergeant , a sergeant by themselves , or more than one car/cop arrives. When the aforementioned occur , it never ends well. Especially with the typical bald headed steroid users are thrown into the mix. I was in a market one morning , and made a last minute decision to get extra toiletries. Zipping into the toiletries aisle , I'm soon greeted by this pig ass cop who thought I saw him , and was making a run for it. When he approached , I asked if he was feeling a little musty. He left me alone afterwards. Then there was the time I walked to the ATM after work one morning , I waited on the cars to leave , when this crewcut wearing bastard flies up , and jumps out of the car , hand on the pistol. I looked at him like he was crazy , withdrew my currency , and left. He stops me a few blocks down , and tells me he thought I was trying to knock off the ATM. After this , I just avoid people in general , as I don't have time for bull****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World