Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 12:30 PM

336 posts, read 716,373 times

Advertisements

1) Music scene opportunity...not American style music, but more Netherlands/Europe influenced music (Within Temptation, Kamelot, Delain, etc.)
2) Great healthcare, safety, and education
3) Welcoming to immigrants (tolerance and ease of getting residency - if not America)
4) Not difficult to move your animals with you as we do have several dogs and cats...for example it is my understanding Australia has a 6 month QT period upon arrival whereas Belize doesn't have any QT period
5) Bang for your buck...in talking about music, my husband brought up the Netherlands and while I see the things they do for their residents, I also see they are taxed at 54%. I'm not sure how that equates between income and cost of living yet, but my immediate reaction is to think it is just going to still be an expensive place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 01:12 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Are you looking to move?

1. I like music in the USA, so you are going to have to pick your own place for music.

2. Best health care. USA by far. By miles and miles. You have to pay for it, though. Not that you aren't paying for it in other countries. You just pay for it with high taxes and rationed care in places with National Health. Health care in Uruguay is good and relatively inexpensive.

3. Ease of obtaining residency. Several countries in South America, Chile and Uruguay both have very easy requirements.

4. Most places do not have quarantine for pets and moves involves some health papers and maybe tick treatment. You'll have to look it up for any country you are considering. It's all on-line. Just offhand, I am pretty sure that all the places that have a pet quarantine are high cost places to live (not because of the pet quarantine, but because they are desirable places to live).

5. Bang for your buck. Probably the USA away from the major cities. You can live cheap in some of the foreign countries, if you live like the impoverished locals, but you can live that way in the USA, for very cheap, if that lifestyle appeals to you. Nice places to live with a comfortable lifestyle are costly, no matter where you are living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World