Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 02:04 PM

419 posts, read 2,018,953 times

Advertisements

Now days it seems like most of the Teacher's day in American Schools is spent keeping students from falling asleep or not acting up. I wonder what it is like in other countries. How about Japan, Korea, Singapore, Germany, France, Spain, etc. Other first world countries, how disciplined and behaved are the kids in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 03:02 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,062,838 times
Very well-behaved in Taiwan. Teachers, in general, are respected individuals in the society like doctors or law... well, maybe not lawyers. There are few--if any--disciplinary problems in school. Kids still get in trouble, but they do not act up in the classroom as often as their US counterparts.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:18 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,092 times
maybe america ( and american children) has/have a respect problem?

Old 12-13-2007, 04:32 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
maybe america ( and american children) has/have a respect problem?
It's not just American children. Behavior problems are rife in the UK too.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:33 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,230,339 times
There are cases, although not many, here in Holland were students have killed or wounded a teacher.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:19 AM

498 posts, read 1,519,854 times
Smile Hello

I have to wonder how many years our children have been recieving ungodly amounts of lead? Could it be tied in to as why we have so many children on pyscological drugs at tender ages? Them drugs are running rampid in our children. It is no wonder the classrooms are out of control. Small percentage of wonder, on the teachers side of it, a huge amount on the parent and familly part, and some percentage to the child (depending on each one individually).

The street drugs are crazy! Kids can get them anywhere. If one don't have the money and resources than the other one does. I do not like how teenagers sneek around and lie all the time. They are up to some really ronchy crap. This machine is very helpful to them. They have communications to the ends of the earth on this thing. As I do appreciate technology, I also think it can ruin someones' life. Of course we all know that.

But honestly yes, these kids are running us at some point. They just get scarier in schools. Never know when one of them is gonna get out of sorts. We should not have to be having our schools loaded with lawmen and guns. Although at this point I am certainly appreciative of their presence.

Thanks for listenin LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 12-15-2007, 10:31 AM

715 posts, read 2,086,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
I have to wonder how many years our children have been recieving ungodly amounts of lead? Could it be tied in to as why we have so many children on pyscological drugs at tender ages? Them drugs are running rampid in our children. It is no wonder the classrooms are out of control. Small percentage of wonder, on the teachers side of it, a huge amount on the parent and familly part, and some percentage to the child (depending on each one individually).
The street drugs are crazy! Kids can get them anywhere. If one don't have the money and resources than the other one does. I do not like how teenagers sneek around and lie all the time. They are up to some really ronchy crap. This machine is very helpful to them. They have communications to the ends of the earth on this thing. As I do appreciate technology, I also think it can ruin someones' life. Of course we all know that.

But honestly yes, these kids are running us at some point. They just get scarier in schools. Never know when one of them is gonna get out of sorts. We should not have to be having our schools loaded with lawmen and guns. Although at this point I am certainly appreciative of their presence.

Thanks for listenin LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

I have to disagree, you have kids in Asia who are more exposed to unhealthy substances and environmental issues, yet their children are very well behaved, obedient to teachers and parents alike, have the utmost respect and know the importance of a good education. Kids are taught to take responsability for their own actions. Meaning when a child steps out of line, the child is not only answerable to the school but also the parents, its short and very sharp but the result is universally the same. Obedient, academically sound, respectable student!!

I concur with nativedallasite, kids in the uk have attitude problem, even moreso kids from public school.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
The problem started with Dr Spock. He destroyed the youth of the country by raising a generation of selfish crybaby kids (now baby boomers) who never got the whippings they should have got in the 50s and 60s and those kids grew up to think "anything goes" and "if it feels good, do it" and their children made it worse. They drug their kids with crap like Ridlin because they were on drugs themselves (LSD, Heroin and everything else)

Old 12-16-2007, 11:09 PM

498 posts, read 1,519,854 times
Default Gracie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
I have to disagree, you have kids in Asia who are more exposed to unhealthy substances and environmental issues, yet their children are very well behaved, obedient to teachers and parents alike, have the utmost respect and know the importance of a good education. Kids are taught to take responsability for their own actions. Meaning when a child steps out of line, the child is not only answerable to the school but also the parents, its short and very sharp but the result is universally the same. Obedient, academically sound, respectable student!!

I concur with nativedallasite, kids in the uk have attitude problem, even moreso kids from public school.

I am misunderstanding something here. What exactly are you disagreeing with. Yes, the parents should be the most accountable. The question I asked was do you suppose that maybe some of this ADDH and ADHD and BIPOLOR AND whatever other things they can call it was caused by the big lead scare in our children's toys? I just wonder how many generations that that goes back to? Do you know? It would certainly answer why so many of the new generatios children are on ridlin just so they can sit still in school.

I definately concur with nativedallas. That is just down right scary. I believe in a child should go to school and keep their mouth shut, listen and learn, no fighting, show respect and manners. Now does that all happen? NO. WHATA do?

Old 12-17-2007, 12:06 AM

715 posts, read 2,086,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
I am misunderstanding something here. What exactly are you disagreeing with. Yes, the parents should be the most accountable. The question I asked was do you suppose that maybe some of this ADDH and ADHD and BIPOLOR AND whatever other things they can call it was caused by the big lead scare in our children's toys? I just wonder how many generations that that goes back to? Do you know? It would certainly answer why so many of the new generatios children are on ridlin just so they can sit still in school.

I definately concur with nativedallas. That is just down right scary. I believe in a child should go to school and keep their mouth shut, listen and learn, no fighting, show respect and manners. Now does that all happen? NO. WHATA do?

You mentioned and suspect lead in toys which would come under the term i used (unhealthy substances), which you think could be the cause for behaviour disorders, with me so far?

What im saying to you is that, Asian countries in general have very poor health services and serious environmental issues, such as lack of fresh clean tap water but are heavily inhygenic and heavily polluted with lead and allsorts of nasty things. And despite all the hardships ie majority of people below poverty, poor or lack access to health care, they still manage to pull out sensible obedient, educated individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World