Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 12:10 PM

28 posts, read 41,439 times

Advertisements

I know I have already made a thread like this, but this time I finally found some decent universities, which are pretty good. Last time I only came up with ****ty and expensive universities, and since then, I have been looking and doing a lot of research haha. So here we go

Btw, I plan to get a Bachelors degree in Business Administration.

OPTION*1: Australia

James Cook University, Townsville
or
Griffith University

Both are great schools, with national recognition. And both seem to have great Business programs.

OPTION 2: USA

California State University, San Marcos

Seems to have a great Business Program as well, after what I've read.

Cost:

- USA = 16,000$ tuition per year

- Australia = 20,000$ tuition per year

I really dunno what to do.. I was on exchange in USA, and America changed me so much after being there, I simply love the country and the people. But I feel like Australia is just as good. I also feel like it would be more expensive in America, but I am really unsure about all this..

Things about the college in usa..
- Good Business Program
- I MAY have to use 3-3,5 years
- 10,000 students, 200 intl
- Medium big campus
- The people
- Culture
- Beaches
- Not really much college experience, many seem to commute. There are still dorms, but not many.
- Low cost of living
- SPEAK ENGLISH
- Temperature
- Can take my license and buy a cheap car
- Can drive to La, Arizona, and go on roadstrips
- Not a ton of social activities, as I said, many commute, there are still some.

Australia:
- Huge college, really good business program
- Never been there
- 3 years
- A bit more expensive than USA
- Huge universities 15,000-44,000 students
- Seems like an awesome place
- College experience with dorms
- Nightlife and clubs (over 18)
- Beaches
- Temperature
- Amazing scenery
- Ive heard the people are REALLY kind
-SPEAK ENGLISH
- Many social activities
- Dunno if I will take the license here, they drive on the wrong side of the road, expensive

Could someone PLEASE PLEASE help me out here. Just tell me your thoughts haha.

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 01:25 PM
SE9

219 posts, read 348,868 times
Of all the options, and all things considered (personal circumstances plus location) I'd go for Brisbane.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:01 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,742,574 times
Townsville stands out from the other other two options.

Its a fairly small city quite some distance from a major population centre.
Its close to some pretty unique places - the Great Barrier Reef, the Daintree, etc
It has a large military presence that shapes its character.

If I was studying Business Administration, I'd go to a university that was part of a large and vibrant economic zone. From my perspective, Griffith University fits that criteria far more than James Cook.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:50 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,280,270 times
Can't really comment on the Australian universities but California State in SM is not one of the top schools. It's probably not bad and offers a solid education but there are lots of better schools out there. Check out this website: Rankings
I personally wouldn't pay tuition and move to the States just to go to an average school (unless they offer a full ride) and I also would not choose my college because it is close to the beach. But hey, that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World