Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 12:47 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,802,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It seems to me that you dislike anyone who is successful or has received a very good education? Inverse snobbery at work? Most politicians didn't study at Oxbridge anyway.
No, dunno, what I do hate, with a passion, is that this country is run by toffs, for toffs. My family have education - it is nothing to do with that. It is only a small group of people who run the media, politics and the ''necessities'' companies (gas, electric etc).

If you aren't sick of it - fair dos. But I am sick to the back teeth of it.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:52 PM

22,139 posts, read 29,453,523 times
Who qualifies as a toff? Most politicians are middle class.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:53 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,585,093 times
I think if I were black, I'd be pretty conscious of it.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:53 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,802,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Who qualifies as a toff? Most politicians are middle class.

Being upper class and rich isn't what I hate, I would love to be rich. Being for the rich at the expense of the rest of society is what I would describe as a toff. Not having a social conscience.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:43 PM

40 posts, read 92,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
I mean, I keep coming across threads going, "Will [so and so] country like blacks?" "Are blacks accepted there?" "Can an black person date?"

I mean, you're the ones being racist for assuming people of other races are discriminatory towards you
Please allow me to banish some of your ignorance. When you've grown up being the overwhelming minority and have experienced racism exclusively at the hands of Whites, it's perfectly natural to be curious as to whether or not you'll experience much of the same in another European colonized country that also has a history of slavery. Get it now?

Old 06-01-2014, 02:23 PM

353 posts, read 497,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FivePercenter View Post
Please allow me to banish some of your ignorance. When you've grown up being the overwhelming minority and have experienced racism exclusively at the hands of Whites, it's perfectly natural to be curious as to whether or not you'll experience much of the same in another European colonized country that also has a history of slavery. Get it now?
Actually blacks are treated fairly and equally in almost every country nowadays. Gone are the days of slavery and discrimination.

In fact, I would say blacks discriminate against whites, saying that "all white are racist!!!" If I were to insult a black saying that they are ugly, they would automatically assume that I'm racist, when it has nothing to do with their race, as their are many attractive black people.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:35 PM

40 posts, read 92,303 times
Quote:
Actually blacks are treated fairly and equally in almost every country nowadays. Gone are the days of slavery and discrimination.

In fact, I would say blacks discriminate against whites, saying that "all white are racist!!!" If I were to insult a black saying that they are ugly, they would automatically assume that I'm racist, when it has nothing to do with their race, as their are many attractive black people.
And you're saying there aren't a lot of Whites who are ugly as well? I'm really trying to keep things PC, please don't make it difficult for me. Yes, in many European countries there is feigned acceptance...But in most cases, Black and Brown people are going to face more bigotry and less acceptance in European dominated countries.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:01 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,059,602 times
So by asking "Do you guys think i will be accepted here because i am black" they are being racist? Wow. There is nothing wrong with that. Racism is alive and well.

Pretend, and i say pretend because there is no way you can know how it feels to have your ancestors be enslaved for hundreds of years. Just let that sink for a second. They were not even considered humans...but objects/property. Now after the civil war they were technically "free" but for more than a hundred years they were still being discriminated openly, not having the opportunity to have good school, good care, good services. Then after the civil rights movement they were technically giving the same rights as everybody else, but the people who were racist were still there,many are still are here, and they are passing down their racism to their children, of course many children don't drink the cool-aid but many have. It's only been 50 YEARS since the civil right movement happen. 50 YEARS! That is nothing!

For hundreds of years they have been pushed down. Now we are trying to give them opportunity! But oh no Reverse Racism! Cry me a river. You don't know hardship. People cry and say the United States is declining because two gay people are going to marry. They cry when there is a gun law implement and yell out "Freeeeeeeeedooommmmmmmm". We don't know hardship. We have it easy. I live in the border. And when i hear the stories that are happening right across, it is scary. We like to think of ourselves as superheroes. But when poop hits the fan things get serious.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:55 PM

353 posts, read 497,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
So by asking "Do you guys think i will be accepted here because i am black" they are being racist? Wow. There is nothing wrong with that. Racism is alive and well.

Pretend, and i say pretend because there is no way you can know how it feels to have your ancestors be enslaved for hundreds of years. Just let that sink for a second. They were not even considered humans...but objects/property. Now after the civil war they were technically "free" but for more than a hundred years they were still being discriminated openly, not having the opportunity to have good school, good care, good services. Then after the civil rights movement they were technically giving the same rights as everybody else, but the people who were racist were still there,many are still are here, and they are passing down their racism to their children, of course many children don't drink the cool-aid but many have. It's only been 50 YEARS since the civil right movement happen. 50 YEARS! That is nothing!

For hundreds of years they have been pushed down. Now we are trying to give them opportunity! But oh no Reverse Racism! Cry me a river. You don't know hardship. People cry and say the United States is declining because two gay people are going to marry. They cry when there is a gun law implement and yell out "Freeeeeeeeedooommmmmmmm". We don't know hardship. We have it easy. I live in the border. And when i hear the stories that are happening right across, it is scary. We like to think of ourselves as superheroes. But when poop hits the fan things get serious.
It's not good to live in the past. There's a reason people don't pay for stuff their ancestors may have done.

Racism is a thing of a past, and black people like to keep bringing it up, when the truth is they're not living in the present, but wallowing in the past.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:01 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,469,434 times
Quote:
Racism is a thing of a past, and black people like to keep bringing it up, when the truth is they're not living in the present, but wallowing in the past.
I agree, I hear more comments about racism against black people when people mention the problem from the past, than the problem itself nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World