Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 06:37 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,687,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Florida for five weeks. I haven't even started packing, I have my final exam on Wednesday and a wedding on Friday so holidays are not on my mind.
What are you planning to do for 5 weeks? I'm asking because I live here.

It's the worst time of year to come here, unfortunately
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 06:51 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,489,019 times
Quote:
Florida for five weeks. I haven't even started packing, I have my final exam on Wednesday and a wedding on Friday so holidays are not on my mind.
I'm going there in a couple weeks. lets go to a strip club, ill buy.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:48 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,869,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I'm going there in a couple weeks. lets go to a strip club, ill buy.
No!

Old 06-17-2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
What are you planning to do for 5 weeks? I'm asking because I live here.

It's the worst time of year to come here, unfortunately
We come there for the heat!!!

Idk what we are doing. I know for two weeks we are going around all the theme parks. We are also going to the beaches and to cinemas, shopping etc.

And its not the worst time. I've been there at that time before and it was fab.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
We come there for the heat!!!

Idk what we are doing. I know for two weeks we are going around all the theme parks. We are also going to the beaches and to cinemas, shopping etc.

And its not the worst time. I've been there at that time before and it was fab.

Weather wise it really is, less because of the heat and more because of the rain. That said the weather is never "that bad" in Florida. Just be prepared for insanely bad rain for about an hour each day. Usually it goes away pretty quickly and you can go on with your day. It is annoying though. It's been exceptionally hot lately. It was 96 yesterday. It's usually more like 90.

If your family has the chance you should go over to Tampa/St Pete, St Augustine and Cocoa Beach. Daytona is a tourist trap.
There is also a nice state park, Wekiwa Springs,in the area, if you want to see what Florida once looked like.

Kennedy Space Center now has a Space Shuttle you can tour

Last edited by JennyMominRI; 06-17-2014 at 08:36 AM..

Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Weather wise it really is, less because of the heat and more because of the rain. That said the weather is never "that bad" in Florida. Justbe prepared for insanely bad rain for about an hour each day. Usually it goes away pretty quickly and you can go on with your day. It is annoying though.. It's been exceptionally hot lately. It was 96 yesterday. It's usually more like 90.

If your family has the chance you should go over to Tampa/St Pete, St Augustine and Cocoa Beach. Daytone is a tourist trap.
There is also a nice state park, Wekiwa Springs,in the area, if you want to see what Floridaonce looked like.

Hi our theme park tickets arrived today.
We are gonna visit the west coast not the east coast because we have already been there.

Want to see Clearwater and all the houses there. It says 94 for the day I arrive.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Hi our theme park tickets arrived today.
We are gonna visit the west coast not the east coast because we have already been there.

Want to see Clearwater and all the houses there. It says 94 for the day I arrive.
I personally think the West Coast is nicer. Aside of Clearwater, St Pete, Tarpon Spring and Sarasota are nice. Siesta Key Beach is Sarasota is often voted the best in the USA

Old 06-17-2014, 08:28 AM

Well the last time the water was full of stingrays so we aren't keen on the beaches.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:32 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,788,592 times
Quote:
Weather wise it really is, less because of the heat and more because of the rain. That said the weather is never "that bad" in Florida. Justbe prepared for insanely bad rain for about an hour each day. Usually it goes away pretty quickly and you can go on with your day. It is annoying though.. It's been exceptionally hot lately. It was 96 yesterday. It's usually more like 90.

If your family has the chance you should go over to Tampa/St Pete, St Augustine and Cocoa Beach. Daytone is a tourist trap.
There is also a nice state park, Wekiwa Springs,in the area, if you want to see what Floridaonce looked like.

Yeah it's like wet season now, isn't it?

The lightning is an annoyance when you're in water...

Old 06-17-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Well the last time the water was full of stingrays so we aren't keen on the beaches.
Yes, along with it being rainy season, it's hurricane season, stingray season and alligitor mating season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World