Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 05:10 AM

746 posts, read 1,242,876 times

Advertisements

Uruguay, they still have a lot of farming and infrastructure that does not rely on US dollar corruption.

Americans think they can move anywhere but the truth is you need to either have a parent or a LOT of cash if you plan to move to one of the countries they think they can move to. Nobody wants Americans unless they have a lot of money to spend in their country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 05:40 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
Uruguay, they still have a lot of farming and infrastructure that does not rely on US dollar corruption.

Americans think they can move anywhere but the truth is you need to either have a parent or a LOT of cash if you plan to move to one of the countries they think they can move to. Nobody wants Americans unless they have a lot of money to spend in their country.
Yes, they do. They think they can pick up and move anywhere and for some reason think only the US has immigration rules.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Yes, they do. They think they can pick up and move anywhere and for some reason think only the US has immigration rules.

Most Americans living along the southern border are pretty sure whatever immigration rules we supposedly have are rather loosely enforced...if at all.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Most Americans living along the southern border are pretty sure whatever immigration rules we supposedly have are rather loosely enforced...if at all.
Yes, but the rest of them know that when anyone from Europe, Asia, Africa etc wants to emigrate then strict visa rules are in place.

I couldn't even count how many times I've read posts on all the expat and other forums I've been on for years where people think they can just pick up and move to the UK (and that's just the UK).

Old 06-29-2014, 11:58 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
My list is prioritized by family first, culture second, then standard of living.

Top tier: Norway, UK.

Second tier: elsewhere in Scandinavia, low countries, western Germany (Rhineland).

Third tier: Catalonia, France, southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Forth tier: elsewhere in Mediterranean region

Fifth tier: Argentina, Chile, Uruguay

Sixth tier: elsewhere in Europe

Old 06-29-2014, 12:11 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Very funny. On a coastal road in Argyll. Gorgeous 1/2 acre garden. Detached house. No crime. Friendly neighbours.
I drove past you on my way to Oban.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I drove past you on my way to Oban.
If you went through Dunoon you drove near me - unless you took a detour along Loch Long.

There are a LOT of coastal roads in Argyll!

Old 06-29-2014, 12:36 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancycakes View Post
If you had to leave the USA-where would you relocate?

Besides Canada!

It would have to be Australia, Ireland, or England for me.
I guess my first choice would be England or Australia since they both still speak English. But if I had to go without English it'd probably be the countries that I most want to visit, Italy, France, Germany, hell maybe Mexico since it's still close to the States and has a lot in common with it still.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I guess my first choice would be England or Australia since they both still speak English. But if I had to go without English it'd probably be the countries that I most want to visit, Italy, France, Germany, hell maybe Mexico since it's still close to the States and has a lot in common with it still.
They speak English in Scotland and Wales and Ireland as well.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:13 PM

37,152 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
They speak English in Scotland and Wales and Ireland as well.
There are something like twenty countries where English is the primary language, so the choices are pretty wide.

How about some of the nicer Caribbean islands? Barbados or Trinidad seem pretty interesting. Jamaica is really interesting, but has some, er, issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World