Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 03:12 AM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times

Advertisements

Been to every state and territory bar the Northern Territory.
Born and bred in NSW and lived here most of my life -seen most of this state, but have lived in Qld and WA as well.
Crossed the Nullarbor by car, and seen plenty of WA, lived in Esperance and Mandurah.
Qld though have only been as far north as the Sunshine Coast (except when very young but don't rememberl)- so a lot more to see there.
SA- went to Adelaide when first left school and went through it en route to WA.
Done the Tasmania round the island tour in a hire car, and would like to go there again in the near future.
Victoria driven to Melbourne and spent some time there.
Been to Canberra numerous times through my line of work, well after doing the normal rite of passage in late primary school to there as well.
This is a huge country, so have seen a fair bit all things considered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 12:56 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
Not a lot. The US is so big. I hope I get to see more of it.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:52 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,804,442 times
i've been to all 25 counties, but in some cases only for very short amounts of time. blekinge is the county i'm least familiar with.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:09 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
I've been to 24 US states. I will add 6 more states and DC by the end of the year, since my family is taking a road trip to DC and NYC. Next year we are going to Hawaii, so that will get a tough one off the list.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:57 PM

271 posts, read 369,528 times
I have been in all 25 Swedish Provinces and all 20 counties at least once but I don’t think I have been in all 290 municipalities (cities). There is not like there is a lot to see outside Metropolitan Stockholm and the neighboring counties. My mother had some fix idea that her kids should see all the Provinces at least once. There are plenty of cities in Sweden I know little about in particular parts of Western Sweden – like Gothenburg. I have been there maybe five-sex times or something. I don’t travel to Scania often. Have no friend or relatives there - even though it is one of the most beautiful provinces in Sweden. If Stockholm is like the Swedish New York. Gothenburg like the Swedish Chicago. Why would I visit Chicago if I live in New York? It is cheaper to travel around Europe than travel around Sweden so when I travel I do Europe and not Sweden.

Last edited by Sconesforme; 06-28-2014 at 09:08 PM..

Old 06-29-2014, 12:28 AM

313 posts, read 531,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I've been to 24 US states. I will add 6 more states and DC by the end of the year, since my family is taking a road trip to DC and NYC. Next year we are going to Hawaii, so that will get a tough one off the list.

Wow, all that and you haven't even been to NYC!

Old 06-29-2014, 12:34 AM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
I've passed through a majority of the US states, but have never spent time in most of them. The ones where I've spent a week or more are only California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, Washington, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Idaho (and DC, but that's not a state). I'm about to add Minnesota to that list in a month from now. All in all though, it's pretty paltry given what's out there.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:59 PM

6,378 posts, read 5,002,937 times
I am much better traveled in the (lower-48) US than internationally - I've only been to Canada and Japan otherwise, but have been to like 35 states, depending on your definition of "visiting". Was gonna do a study abroad trip covering a bunch of Eastern European countries in college, but I was worried about my ability to graduate on time (if it had taken more than 4 years, my scholarship would've run out), so it never materialized.

I wonder what would be the most doable parts of the non-lower-48 US to visit. I'd especially be interested in somewhere like Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:57 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,963,548 times
Outside of my home country, the US, I have been to China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Canada, Mexico, France, England, Germany, and Austria.

China: Beijing, Nanjing, Wuxi, Suzhou, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Zhuhai, Hong Kong, and Macau
Thailand: Bangkok/Pattaya
Singapore: Singapore
Canada: Victoria, Vancouver
Mexico: Mexicali, Puerto Vallarta
France: Paris
England: London
Germany: Berchtesgaden, Munich
Austria: Vienna, Salzburg

I have been to the following in the US:

Alaska: Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan
Washington: Seattle, Aberdeen
Oregon: Portland, Hood River, Eugene, Ashland, Crater Lake
California: Mount Shasta, Sequoia and Yosemite, Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and San Diego
Arizona: Phoenix and Flagstaff/Grand Canyon
Wyoming: Grand Tetons and Yellowstone
Montana: Yellowstone
Idaho: Idaho Falls, Pocatello
Utah: Salt Lake City, Park City, Zion National Park
Nevada: Las Vegas
Louisiana: New Orleans
Mississippi: Biloxi

I would say that I am more well traveled outside of the US than within my own country. The first time I even went East of the Rockies was two years ago to Mississippi and Louisiana, for a summer job. I was 22 yrs. old then.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:24 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
Every county (2100+ of them) in the lower 48, almost all of them twice. Been to Guam, but not AK/HI or other territories.
Got to my 48th state, Vermont, when I was 23.

All ten Canadian provinces, and every county in the eastern five provinces that recognize them.

Every state in Mexico except Baja-Sur.

Now living in Philippines, been to four islands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World