Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Mexican people
Mostly Positive 51 46.79%
Neutral 36 33.03%
Mostly Negative 22 20.18%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 06:57 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,472,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Dunno, I think some are nice and some really suck.

Pretty much like every single place in the world..
This^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 10:38 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,009 times
Neutral. Contact to Mexicans is rather scarce.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:21 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I think of them as neighbors, which is what most of mine are. The only thing that annoys me about them is that I'd love to practice my Spanish, but they keep insisting on speaking English.
Come to Southern California. They will love you for trying to speak Spanish.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:23 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
There are cool Mexicans (Mexicans-Americans) and real douchebaggery ones just like everyone else.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:42 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,115,633 times
The Mexicans are some of the most pleasant, happiest, and friendliest people on the planet.

Especially the women.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:19 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
The Mexicans are some of the most pleasant, happiest, and friendliest people on the planet.

Especially the women.
/end the summary of every travel brochure to every 3rd world country in the world

Old 06-24-2014, 10:34 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,525,303 times
Neutral, because I never had contact with a mexican, but in general I have a slightly positive view about the country itself.
The first things which come to my mind when I hear about Mexico is the sitcom 'El Chavo del Ocho' and the very melodramatic soap-operas, and, in history, the ancient civilisations of the Aztecas and Mayas. In general I think it's a country mostly similar to mine (Brazil) about society, politics and cultural values. The rejection against the 'bolivarian' wave in Latin America is a good point.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:26 PM

10,204 posts, read 15,907,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Both Mexicans and Mexican Americans
They are actually very different.

There are Mexicans, Mexican Americans, and illegal Mexicans.

I find actual people in Mexico to be wonderful, while I despise the illegal aliens who come to the US. The illegal aliens are not a fair representation of the Mexican people.

I have a positive view of Mexicans and Mexican Americans. There are many Americans of Mexican descent who are very assimilated and are loyal to this country and contribute to it. In some ways I prefer them to yuppie Americans since these Mexican Americans are often more family oriented and religious, even if they are Catholic and not truly Christian by my definition, but they still have traditional values. I find Mexican Americans more laid back and less standoffish than Salvadorans and Puerto Ricans.

My impression of Mexicans in Mexico are also mostly positive. When I was in Mexico itself people were very polite and friendly, and I was surprised how many ordinary Mexicans were able to speak English. Yet among the illegal alien community, its a source of pride to not speak English and illegal aliens purposely refuse to learn English and learn American culture. I find illegal Mexicans living in the US to be very rude and standoffish and always have a chip on their shoulder, many are also involved in the gang culture. If they assimilate in the US at all its typically into the ghetto subculture here. The ILLEGAL Mexicans are not known for having good family values, but instead are known for things like out of wedlock children, baby daddies and mamas, crime, etc.

So my opinion of illegal alien Mexicans is highly negative.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:46 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,523 times
But who's the illegal one? As I understand, California, Texas, Nuevo Mexico and Arizona were invaded by illegal squatters. I read that their land was stolen and owners pushed out of their properties at gun point. Just the same thing France, Italy and Spain did in North Africa...

I think that squatters should learn to respect the country and recognize they are the illegal ones.

Shouldn't you pull out to your original colonies and forget about the Manifest Destiny? That's all in the past.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:10 AM

5,058 posts, read 7,494,606 times
Neutral, I could count on my hand the number of people I have met and knew to be Mexicans.

Same for the country, It's a place i have never really given much thought about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World