Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Mexican people
Mostly Positive 51 46.79%
Neutral 36 33.03%
Mostly Negative 22 20.18%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 12:50 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,055,618 times

Advertisements

Very positive.
I think their food is delicious and their women are beautiful, at least when they are young.

I think the mid to upper class mexicans living in mexico I have dealt with have been wonderful and generous human beings. I even fell hard for one.
I think the illegal immigrants are less willing to inter-mingle with native Angelenos, harder to relate to, like, and accept. I even fell hard for one.
I think the 2nd+ gen prideful Chicanas/Mexican-Americans are too into their standoffish culture. I have no game with them. I have tried many times.
I think the 3rd+ gen fully assimilated half/quarter/eighth mexicans are just like anyone else in America. They make fun of wetbacks/mojados and chuntis as much as any white black or asian person would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 01:11 AM

366 posts, read 644,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Well I am not one to generalize people based on looks, so please don't misinterprit my comments. I am just fascinated with the construction of identity as connected to regionalisms and nationalisms. I have lived in both Mexico and Spain also so I am familiar with both groups.

Interestingly, alot of those Mexican cultural aspects you mentioned are relatively new in other areas of the Southwest as well, especially Day of the Dead. It has only recently grown stronger and it is Mexican-Americans and Americans who have pushed its growth more so than Mexicans.
It was chicano cholo criminal culture and narco culture that pushed day of the dead. Again the criminal culture of hispanic streetgangs of Mexican origins are 100+ years old in this country. They have developed their own subculture.

Dia de los muertos gained alot of popularity through dudes like nikko hurtado and other tattoo artists. These tattoo artists took the Mexican American gang cultures form of art " fine line black and grey" and added the elements of this art to Dia de los muertos , creating something quite artistic and never seen before. People appreciate art and beauty, when things are beautiful across culture is when something is considered OUTSTANDING.

Japanese criminal art, Mexican American criminal tattoo culture, Black American music, Reggeaton and Island music. For as much art most cultures have only a few cultures styles have flowed into the entire world.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:51 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Mexicans are cool by me.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:46 AM

2,651 posts, read 3,406,093 times
I've never seen bad Mexican people around me. They are generally optimistic and very nice!

Old 07-04-2014, 02:39 PM

449 posts, read 640,667 times
Most coolest people i met in California were mexicans

Old 07-07-2014, 11:52 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
It was chicano cholo criminal culture and narco culture that pushed day of the dead. Again the criminal culture of hispanic streetgangs of Mexican origins are 100+ years old in this country. They have developed their own subculture.

Dia de los muertos gained alot of popularity through dudes like nikko hurtado and other tattoo artists. These tattoo artists took the Mexican American gang cultures form of art " fine line black and grey" and added the elements of this art to Dia de los muertos , creating something quite artistic and never seen before. People appreciate art and beauty, when things are beautiful across culture is when something is considered OUTSTANDING.

Japanese criminal art, Mexican American criminal tattoo culture, Black American music, Reggeaton and Island music. For as much art most cultures have only a few cultures styles have flowed into the entire world.
Please don't be so ignorant. Chicano cholo criminal culture/narco culture?

I used to work with alot of Oaxacan migrants. Oaxaca is one of the biggest places in Mexico where Day of the Dead is celebrated- it is a celebration to honor those who have passed away. They started celebrating Day of the Dead more and more here in the U.S. Then, Mexican-Americans involved in community development and the arts (dance, community centers, art) began incorporating it and celebrating it as well. It grew from there.

It started becoming more popular in mainstream culture with the sub-groups you are talking about. You give cholos credit for everything that happens in the U.S. with Mexican-Americans, please....the only thing cholos do is give us a bad reputation. Some are decent people, I know, but that culture turned into a life of criminal activity and only give us a bad name.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:30 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
What do you think of Mexican people

From a Canadian perspective The Mexicans i've met are friendly and out going, hard working people who know how to have a good time, their food is great and their music is fun to listen to,IMO Mexicans are a positive to any community.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:32 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times
This question is so full of biased foolishness and racism. I am against illegal immigration, but I am able to make the distinction between the need for people to look for a better life and breaking the law. That distinction has nothing to do with race.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:17 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Well there are very few Mexicans in my country yet the ones I met here are really friendly.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:46 PM

366 posts, read 644,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
This question is so full of biased foolishness and racism. I am against illegal immigration, but I am able to make the distinction between the need for people to look for a better life and breaking the law. That distinction has nothing to do with race.
I am against illegal immigration as well, begining with the European colonizers who landed in 1492. Europeans have no RIGHT TO ANY CLAIMS on this continent!

If we were in the animal kingdom we could use the analogy of an invasive species such as the rat on the galapagos, the mutt dog in Australia, the boa snake in Florida. If you LOVE your country go back to where your bloodlines are from!

Imagine a hippo in the mojave desert, a kangaroo in the Atlantic Ocean? The European migration to the continents of the Americas ( North. South. Central ) has done nothing but pollute, destroy and murder. I feel entitled to every bit of wealth this country has because its my birthright!

The Europeans battled the Moors for 800 years before the Moors were expelled from the lands of Europe. It is my GOD GIVEN ( not your jewish God) RIGHT to resist, create friction , and arrogantly take everything your people have!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World