Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 10:24 AM

844 posts, read 1,063,603 times

Advertisements

Couples like you and your girlfriend aren't that rare in Mexico. In fact the word mestizo, means exactly that; the children of a biracial couple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 10:30 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,872,643 times
Me and my dad had a conversation yesterday and we both agreed that we have more in common with black americans than hispanics.

I think in general the blacks stick with American culture whereas hispanics stick with their culture so thats probably why you don't see this..

Old 07-16-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
In the UK, a tanned 'southern European' looking man dating a blonde 'Scandinavian looking' female would barely be considered interracial, if at all.

Nevertheless, there's countless examples here of men with a light brown complexion dating a white woman.
Yes it would be.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I don't know much about the area you live in, but here in Canada it has never been an issue to me or anyone I know. I'm sure there are some people that might not like it but who gives a ****.

You can't put latinos, arabs and punjabis in the same category, they all have different personalities and attitudes towards women.
Well then you can't put black and white into one.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:33 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
LOL OP, you are not anything special. I know all of our moms told us we're all special little snowflakes, but your dating life is not. Seriously.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando1984 View Post
Can people here NOT read or what?

1. I did not put Wilmer Valderrama in the same category as Raul Esparza and Fernando Torres you morons. I said Fernando Torres and Raul Esparza were White latinos and for them to date white women would not be uncommon at all but it is no different than a white anglo guy dating a white woman to the PUBLIC. On the other hand I did say that I do not see many latinos that look like Wilmer Valderrama or Adam Rodriguez aka Brown Latinos with white women.

2. Indians, Arabs, and brown Latinos might have completely different attitudes and might even look different in terms of facial features but the thing they have in common is that most of them are not black or white or asian, all of them are to some extent identified as "brown". That and some of them can pass for each other's races, I have met arabs that can pass for brown latinos and brown latinos that can pass for indians.
I can't tell the difference.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:57 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando1984 View Post
Why do I care?

Well, I have faced a lot of issues here in Northern Florida for being with a girl that is white and it doesn't help that she is good looking either. I would like to move to an area where my girlfriend and I can enjoy a peaceful life without being bothered for being an interracial couple but that seems impossible. Yet when black guys around here date white girls, they don't get any flak or criticism for it from society. It's like I am facing issues for being in an interracial relationship that is rare.
If this is your reality and your personal experiences and you feel that strongly about it then perhaps you should move. Maybe metro areas somewhere like Dallas/FW, Houston, San Antonio, Atlanta, L.A, NY, D.C. Chicago, Lansing, or Minneapolis. That's all I 'got for you'. Good luck!

Old 07-16-2014, 11:03 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,249,404 times
I see nothing like you are explaining in your post in my daily life. I and many friends would be the mix you explain. I have never heard anyone say anything to me about the "issues" you are laying out. I have lived in three states from extremely urban to the epitomy of suburban...no issue, ever.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:52 AM

43 posts, read 55,569 times
why yes, mestizos are a mix of white and native, what a genius observation

meaning that white spaniards slept with the native women to produce mestizos.

I am talking about it almost the other way around, a brown latino or any kind of guy with brown skin, black hair, and brown eyes (and isn't black) with a white woman, you don't see that very often at all.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
A Finnish girl goes to Greece for a holiday.

Mother: How was the trip, what did you get out of it?
Girl: Quite a lot.
Mother: Care to elaborate?
Girl: Syphilis and I'm with a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World