Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 08:53 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,429,985 times

Advertisements

They're sneaky...otherwise they're ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 08:58 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Well according to our congressional leaders Putin is single Handedly responsible for the presidency of Donald trump
His brilliant mastermind allowed him to brainwash 65 million Americans to vote for trump
Did I get it ?

Old 01-04-2020, 10:30 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Тhe west part of the EU has a closeted pro-russian fetish which is one of the reasons why the EU struggles economically recently and can't get back to the level years ago when it had gdp bigger than America. If the EU was led by Eastern Europe (the only part of europe where people aren't big fans of Russia) then it will be different. I've no idea what's like in America though, I only encounter regularly news about Ukraine/Russia on youtube from american sources.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:46 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Hate the Russians? No not at all!!! I have many clients that are Russian. At first, it can be difficult to break the ice with them because they are not big fans of small talk. But once you get to know them, they are fantastic. They are very friendly (if they like and respect you).

Old 01-09-2020, 02:34 PM

12,164 posts, read 8,010,150 times
Yeah no reason to hate Russians at all. Theres 4 million Russian Americans in the country. I think its fair to say any Russian stereotypes string from what Russian Americans are like. Russia is seen nor negatively or positively here.

Old 01-09-2020, 05:46 PM

9,364 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Do most Americans and Europeans currently hate Russians? If so, why??
As some have mentioned, no reason whatsoever to hate Russians. What a brutal word.

If anything, deep respect for the Russians and their cultural and scientific achievements. Some of my favorite writers and artists are Russians.

Unfortunately, politically Russians and westerners are rivals since way back in the times of their predecessor civilizations, like two jealous brothers or clans, and no change in sight.

Also, as an individual, I do not prefer the Russian economic system, frankly I don't understand it, and the society seems way more corrupt than western countries, though I suppose even the Russian system generates useful, gainful, and gratifying things to do for hard-working, intelligent people.

It seems life expectancy is significantly lower in Russia than the average in western countries/Japan. Why is that?

In terms of corruption and life expectancy, it seems Russia more resembles Latin America. How come?

Finally, way too cold. If forced to live in Russia, I would choose Sochi or thereabouts.

Best wishes!

Old 01-13-2020, 08:30 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Politics aside, why would we hate Russians? That is a silly notion, IMO.
Great culture and fun-loving, passionate people, if a little bit crazy sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World