Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:50 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times

Advertisements

For me I don't care.

I mean i'm interested and read about it but it doesn't affect my life.
Russia and the Ukraine or countries that have no cultural similarities with my country... They are out of our perhiphery.

I have no interest in ever visiting these countries. I don't care..
I owe them nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
The plane had a lot of Dutch and other European citizens on it.

As for Ukraine it may not effect every persons daily life but the prospect of a shift in energy policy and a move towards less reliance on Russian energy may lead to higher prices in terms of heating and even manufacturing costs which hit everyone including 18 to 35 year olds. It also should be noted that most educated people are well aware of how easily Europe has fallen in to conflict in the past and most Europeans of whatever age are tired of wars and just want peace like everyone else.
Why though?

I think this is exagerated and will only effect like Poland.. At least on the island of Ireland we have absolutely no links with Russia.. We don't even rely on gas pipelines..

We are on the periphery and thank god.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
And I still dont know what this is about. Isn't this some how tired to Palestine and the middle east ? Everything seems to be these days. So what is going to happen. I just did some search and the President put sanctions on Russia now and says there economy has no chance of recovering Is that even remotely true ?
The last thing I care about is the middle east. Let them fight their own battles.. Not my country. Keep out.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:12 AM

228 posts, read 367,548 times
I know about the current crisis and I don't care about it

Old 08-02-2014, 10:45 AM

3 posts, read 2,429 times
Default I care

I am a 29 year-old American woman and I care. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't care about the political side. I think all world leaders play at war and cause problems for their own people because of it. There have been a few times in history when war was necessary or it was necessary to fight back (i.e. stopping Hitler and keeping the Japanese military from attacking us again in world war ii). 99 percent of the time, however, I believe the politicians are causing problems they don't have to cause that hurt their people. But I am very concerned for the people of Ukraine. This isn't their war, it's their politicians' war, and they are being put in danger because of it. I actually have a friend from Ukraine who lived here for about ten years and moved back last year. I'm worried about herand everyone else. A country is not made up of an idea or representations of what people in other countries see. A country is made up of many individual people who have feelings and emotions and opinions as strong as anyone else's. So, I care what happens to them and their land. I don't just say "Oh, it's just Ukraine, a million miles away so I don't care at all." I pray for the safety of the people there like I would for people in my own country.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:13 PM

36 posts, read 34,510 times
I am from Russia. I am 27 and i care. But why, dear "Hast", european countries have to stop Rus??? It's conflict in Ukr. Not ukr-rus..only ukr.
Dear Americans there is no war between our coutries!!!

Old 08-24-2014, 03:26 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Don't really care

Old 08-24-2014, 03:38 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
I'm sure the Europeans are perfectly capable of sorting this out on their own if they feel like it.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:45 PM

872 posts, read 1,385,370 times
Regarding the burgeoning geopolitical crisis surrounding Ukraine, I don't think we have anything to fear but the lack of fear itself.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:37 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
I'm 27 and care, but I have a keen interest in global politics and current affairs. I think most people have at least a vague understanding of what is happening.

It's kind of sad to see so many people taking great pride in their ignorance though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World