Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 04:23 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
We're supposed to value the opinion of someone who is grateful for cr@ppy McD's food. LMAO!

Someone who lives in Iowa has no right to call any place boring.
McDonald's yuck! I wouldn't care if I ever had their food again. Then again, I live in an area with many more choices of great hamburgers.

LMAO at an Iowa resident talking about boring places

Old 08-31-2014, 04:26 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You get personally attacked for the way you defend it. You also tend to defend it blindly when you should probably not say much. But that's more a reflection on you.
Okay now how is it that i defend it, examples would be nice.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Okay now how is it that i defend it, examples would be nice.
Well for starters, you don't offer much other than the run of the mill "We get picked on the most"(Seriously are we in Junior High here?) or like your other post; "our military, Americanization" blah blah blah. Maybe not in those exact words but along those lines. this despite the fact that the real reasons are actually being explained right here in this thread by both non-Americans and Americans. When you (or anyone else) display a stubborn refusal to consider that there may be some merit to what others are saying, you do little more than add fuel to the fire.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Well for starters, you don't offer much other than the run of the mill "We get picked on the most"(Seriously are we in Junior High here?) or like your other post; "our military, Americanization" blah blah blah. Maybe not in those exact words but along those lines. this despite the fact that the real reasons are actually being explained right here in this thread by both non-Americans and Americans. When you (or anyone else) display a stubborn refusal to consider that there may be some merit to what others are saying, you do little more than add fuel to the fire.
So people don't hate us for our Military or "Americanization"

Those are two HUGE reasons for our popularity and our constant criticisms.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
McDonald's yuck! I wouldn't care if I ever had their food again. Then again, I live in an area with many more choices of great hamburgers.

LMAO at an Iowa resident talking about boring places
McDonald's breakfast doe!

Old 08-31-2014, 05:08 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
This is something that throws me off every time. I was just riding Greyhounds through the Eastern USA and what blew my mind was how in-your-face people were. I had this bus driver who would just shout in to the speaker things like "OKAAAAAY YALL, I LUUUUUVVVVVV MY JOB IF ANY YALL HAVE OPEN ALCOHOL IN HERE I WILLLLLLLL NOT HESITATE TO THROW YOUR BUTT TO THA CURB AND CALL THE AUTHORITIES." It's kind of funny, but I also don't understand how this jives in a country so obsessed with customer service. It's extremely unprofessional, to me at least.
This is hilarious but Greyhound usually caters to the lowest segment of society. Dont get me wrong. I ride Greyhound whenever I can because it is cheap and it is much more fun than flying or driving your car but yes, especially the African American drivers can be very rude.

I always get a kick out of some of the things they say lol.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
So people don't hate us for our Military or "Americanization"

Those are two HUGE reasons for our popularity and our constant criticisms.
Is this your attempt to go in circles? As mentioned, the "we're the best" attitude is annoying to put it mildly. talking about freedom when 1. we're not by any means the only free society and 2. we're not even the most free society makes us look like complete buffoons who know nothing about the world we live in. This matters to me because the behavior and actions of people like this affects opinions people may have of me for being American. Now don't get me wrong; when I notice non-Americans saying things that are completely off base, I call them out on it too but in this case, they are not off base.

Quote:
McDonald's breakfast doe!
Ok, I take back what I said. I do like their breakfast.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
This is something that throws me off every time. I was just riding Greyhounds through the Eastern USA and what blew my mind was how in-your-face people were. I had this bus driver who would just shout in to the speaker things like "OKAAAAAY YALL, I LUUUUUVVVVVV MY JOB IF ANY YALL HAVE OPEN ALCOHOL IN HERE I WILLLLLLLL NOT HESITATE TO THROW YOUR BUTT TO THA CURB AND CALL THE AUTHORITIES." It's kind of funny, but I also don't understand how this jives in a country so obsessed with customer service. It's extremely unprofessional, to me at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This is hilarious but Greyhound usually caters to the lowest segment of society. Dont get me wrong. I ride Greyhound whenever I can because it is cheap and it is much more fun than flying or driving your car but yes, especially the African American drivers can be very rude.

I always get a kick out of some of the things they say lol.
You guys think Greyhound is bad, wait till you ride an Amtrak Bus LOL

Old 08-31-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Is this your attempt to go in circles? As mentioned, the "we're the best" attitude is annoying to put it mildly. talking about freedom when 1. we're not by any means the only free society and 2. we're not even the most free society makes us look like complete buffoons who know nothing about the world we live in. This matters to me because the behavior and actions of people like this affects opinions people may have of me for being American. Now don't get me wrong; when I notice non-Americans saying things that are completely off base, I call them out on it too but in this case, they are not off base.
It is, its also annoying that how anyone with pro American views aren't really tolerated around here and people automatically assume we think we are the best and only free country around.
talking about freedom does not translate to "we are the only ones with freedom!"

People who run around chanting "America is number one" is pretty rare so i doubt this is the reason for all the criticism.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
It is, its also annoying that how anyone with pro American views aren't really tolerated around here and people automatically assume we think we are the best and only free country around.
talking about freedom does not translate to "we are the only ones with freedom!"

People who run around chanting "America is number one" is pretty rare so i doubt this is the reason for all the criticism.
Well, based on watching your posts around here, I don't think you're as in the dark as you're trying to come across so I'll continue this with you when you're ready to be more serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World