U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 12:15 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,079 posts, read 47,709,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
That to but just imagine a thousand drro's all on one website, that is basically Reddit, Linkdin, some Facebook pages (you can always tell the pages with a non-American admin).

City-Data is actually pretty moderate.
People have stupid stereotypes everywhere. Why do you want hear more about them? This topic is rather tired.
Rate this post positively

Old 09-10-2014, 12:23 PM

14,870 posts, read 19,608,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
People have stupid stereotypes everywhere. Why do you want hear more about them? This topic is rather tired.
I personally believe there is more people from outside the United States expressing their stupid stereotypes about the USA then vice versa.

I know or have seen zero Americans trying to shove the UK's problems down British peoples throat and tell them they are brainwashed nationalist idiots when they defend their country. i do see this attitude towards the UK from other nationalities however.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:25 PM

3,400 posts, read 4,984,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Cool glad you agree, now we are just trying to understand their mindset and why they are in such large numbers.

and no i don't dislike European countries or any country. i'm actually pretty open-minded and cultured, more so than a lot of these hipsters who call themselves "cultured" and "open minded" even though they show high allegiance only to Western Europe and have a strong dislike towards anything American, British, Russian and Chinese.
Man, come on, your entire username on this forum is dedicated to just quoting someone's criticisms (valid or not) and offering no proper counter other than something along the lines of 'what's wrong with being car dependent?' or 'who cares if we want to carry guns?, or 'It's none of your business.'. Well, yes actually, it's a discussion and people are allowed to throw their opinions around. You have to actually drum up some sort of structured opinion or insight instead of just passing everything off as an unfounded attack on American culture.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Culturally significant countries (USA and UK) get the most criticism.

Is that not the truth?

Old 09-10-2014, 12:35 PM

16,109 posts, read 11,524,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Man, come on, your entire username on this forum is dedicated to just quoting someone's criticisms (valid or not) and offering no proper counter other than something along the lines of 'what's wrong with being car dependent?' or 'who cares if we want to carry guns?, or 'It's none of your business.'. Well, yes actually, it's a discussion and people are allowed to throw their opinions around. You have to actually drum up some sort of structured opinion or insight instead of just passing everything off as an unfounded attack on American culture.
As for his gun argument… I'd say it is other countries business. Where do you think all the illegal guns come from in Canada and Mexico.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Hey man i'm just a very curious person.

Imagine if i went to the Europe forum asking why they don't build huge freeways, get the government out of their healthcare and buy more pickup trucks when i am pretty sure most of them are happy without those things and that it doesn't really bother me that there isn't large medians and large shoulders on most of their motorways.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
As for his gun argument… I'd say it is other countries business. Where do you think all the illegal guns come from in Canada and Mexico.
Alright touche.

i'll remember that for the next Guns in USA argument we will have

Old 09-10-2014, 01:22 PM

21,736 posts, read 12,835,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
"NOLA" is New Orleans. One of the top tourist destinations in the US. My husband and I vacation there at least once a year. No problems whatsoever. It's a fabulous city.
X2. We have vacationed there for a week at a time while snowbirding in the southwest or Florida. Love the place with it's charming old architecture and square with artists and musicians all ready to entertain you. Park the car and forget it for the entire week to walk to fine dining and atttractions.

Our favourite old B&B is the old Lafitte Guest House on the corner of Bourbon and St. Philip St. with it's authentic old bedrooms and balconies overlooking Bourbon. Love it there.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:34 PM

2,193 posts, read 2,400,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Our favourite old B&B is the old Lafitte Guest House on the corner of Bourbon and St. Philip St. with it's authentic old bedrooms and balconies overlooking Bourbon. Love it there.
Bourbon street can get pretty dangerous too. Better watch yourself next time, don't get hit by stray bullets.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:59 PM

22,256 posts, read 26,759,495 times
The most dangerous area in the US is wherever Invincible lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.