U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-11-2014, 11:43 AM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,870 posts, read 19,622,567 times
Reputation: 9211

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
He's not referring to you. He's referring to some forums posters look to bad-mouth California. He doesn't waste his time getting worked up about it, why do you get bothered by stupid criticism of America?
Because its annoying and their mindset is very foreign to me so at the same time its interesting to me.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-11-2014, 06:07 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 8,354,300 times
Reputation: 2080
This is still going
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 PM
 
Location: San Diego, California Republic
16,561 posts, read 24,788,535 times
Reputation: 8888
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Whatchu talking about? when have i bad mouthed California?

i bet you don't even know which state i was born in?

I actually love California and think its the best state in the nation and this country would take a huge blow if "California were to fall into the ocean" no i wouldn't live there, its not for me but i don't bad mouth it because i'm not a hateful person.



Those countries are also very powerful, i personally think the United States is more hated than those countries but yes i do think its unfair all the hate that is being spewed towards Russia and i highly dislike how everything with a "Made in China" label is automatically seen as a negative thing in this country.
I'm not going to go dig in the CA forum. As far as your second paragraph; ok, you made good balanced points there and for that, I can respect what you're saying. This time.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2014, 09:27 PM
 
Location: No. Virginia, USA
329 posts, read 520,939 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
NINETY-FIVE (95)% of the world's population uses the METRIC SYSTEM, but the U.S. refuses to change-over .

The U.S. refused to sign the Kyoto Protocol climate-control agreement,

The U.S. refused to sign the International Land-Mine treaty.

American are energy-hogs. They live in huge houses on winding cul-de-sacs, consume about twice the energy per person as Europeans do, drive S.U.V.'s, and do not believe in mass transportation. Their recycling rate is low, and they discard containers of all kinds, like there's no tomorrow. Even the capital city Washington D.C. had to be sued by the Sierra Club to force them to start any residential recycling pickup.

The U.S. train system (Amtrak) is pathetic and an embarassment, except for the northeast Atlantic corridor (and even there, it's not high-speed at all). Trains in China and Spain especially, are totally light-years ahead of the U.S.

Most Americans have very little knowledge about other nations' affairs - not even the most basic knowledge of Canada. Smart-phone capabilities are superior and faster in countries like South Korea.
and your point is?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2014, 10:52 PM
 
3,308 posts, read 3,251,839 times
Reputation: 2932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Thing is, why do you let it get to you? It can only bother you if you decide it does. I am from Berkeley, CA. Berkeley, the city everyone loves to hate and talk crap about. California, the state the most Americans seem to hate the most. Just go read the CA forum on this site. Oh that's right, you do pop in there on occasion and badmouth California in a very similar way you claim others are doing about the USA. My point is, not everyone is going to like where you're from and they don't have to. If you're going to defend an inaccuracy fine but you don't need to jump onto every post that expresses an opinion that differs from yours, capiche?
I LOVE Berkeley!!! I love it because it is so unique, quirky and unapologetic for what it is.

Americans from other states are always bagging on CA, they are kind of obsessed with us. They can say what they want, but they cannot negate the fact that CA has some very unique cities and CA culture is very influential around the world.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2014, 11:59 PM
 
Location: San Diego, California Republic
16,561 posts, read 24,788,535 times
Reputation: 8888
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I LOVE Berkeley!!! I love it because it is so unique, quirky and unapologetic for what it is.

Americans from other states are always bagging on CA, they are kind of obsessed with us. They can say what they want, but they cannot negate the fact that CA has some very unique cities and CA culture is very influential around the world.
Found my favorite person on City-Data and repped ya!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2014, 07:12 PM
 
3,308 posts, read 3,251,839 times
Reputation: 2932
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentoo View Post
found my favorite person on city-data and repped ya!
woohoo!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2014, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,524 posts, read 2,574,770 times
Reputation: 2205
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I LOVE Berkeley!!! I love it because it is so unique, quirky and unapologetic for what it is.

Americans from other states are always bagging on CA, they are kind of obsessed with us. They can say what they want, but they cannot negate the fact that CA has some very unique cities and CA culture is very influential around the world.
People from other states were obsessed with California before it was overrun with Mexicans.

Believe it or not Rosa, there was a time when there were no such thing as Latin Kings terrorizing the streets and the average Joe could afford a home in a decent area. That is why the population of Americans in California has seen a steady net decline as they give up the great weather and escape to other states. Meanwhile they are replaced with a majority of third world immigrants, millions of them illegal, who recreate their barrios in California and could care less what an incredible state it used to be. It's the simple truth, nobody in other states envy California anymore than they envy Jalisco. Those days are long gone.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2014, 07:34 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Western Massachusetts
46,079 posts, read 47,757,769 times
Reputation: 15058
Here's a Canadian rock band's take on America:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl4GWOkvDeM

I don't need your war machines
I don't need your ghetto scenes
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2014, 07:37 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Western Massachusetts
46,079 posts, read 47,757,769 times
Reputation: 15058
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
That is why the population of Americans in California has seen a steady net decline as they give up the great weather and escape to other states. Meanwhile they are replaced with a majority of third world immigrants, millions of them illegal, who carry with them their social problems from home and who could care less what an incredible state it used to be. It's the simple truth, nobody in other states envy California anymore than they envy Jalisco. Those days are long gone.
It's more complicated. The San Jose metro (most of Silicon Valley) has seen steady out-migration for decades as high as anywhere in California. It's still among the wealthiest areas of the country and has had steady population increase mainly from third world immigrants.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top