U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 07:42 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,079 posts, read 47,452,634 times

Advertisements

Mr. America, try to hide
The emptiness that's you inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rhRhSx_jbM
Rate this post positively

Old 09-12-2014, 09:28 PM

17,478 posts, read 11,861,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I LOVE Berkeley!!! I love it because it is so unique, quirky and unapologetic for what it is.

Americans from other states are always bagging on CA, they are kind of obsessed with us. They can say what they want, but they cannot negate the fact that CA has some very unique cities and CA culture is very influential around the world.
Don't worry you guys have the best weather in the WORLD!!!

As for knowing other countries policies (as in Canada). How much do people in other countries know about America, and not what they think they know.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:48 AM

3,308 posts, read 3,225,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
People from other states were obsessed with California before it was overrun with Mexicans.

Believe it or not Rosa, there was a time when there were no such thing as Latin Kings terrorizing the streets and the average Joe could afford a home in a decent area. That is why the population of Americans in California has seen a steady net decline as they give up the great weather and escape to other states. Meanwhile they are replaced with a majority of third world immigrants, millions of them illegal, who recreate their barrios in California and could care less what an incredible state it used to be. It's the simple truth, nobody in other states envy California anymore than they envy Jalisco. Those days are long gone.

I don't know who the Latin Kings are- have never heard of them.

Funny, I just had dinner with friends from Washington DC, Arizona, and Maryland. My neighbors are from Wisconsin, Northern CA, and New York. Also have friends from Belgium, Bulgaria, Serbia, Iraq. All living happily in California.

New people from other states are arriving here in droves. No one I personally know has issues with Mexicans. Actually, inter-marriage between Mexicans and Whites is high here. I have American, Dutch and even Swiss relatives in my family.

I never said people envy California. I said that people from other states, especially on this board, love to trash California. Everything is blamed on immigration from Mexico, but a majority of the state is fine.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:32 AM

10,778 posts, read 14,977,188 times
I honestly stopped caring what people think about America some time ago.

As an expat, I've had people try to use my nationality to slag me in arguments, and I just turn it around and tell them it's remarkable that they think of themselves as a thoughtful or intelligent person if they're willing to lob nasty platitudes about 350 million people... ask them if that's a product of their nation's educational system, maybe, but generally if I want to get into it with someone I have more things to go after than their nationality - it's not their country's fault they were born in it, after all, but it is their own fault they suck as a person.

Last edited by 415_s2k; 09-13-2014 at 03:40 AM..

Old 09-13-2014, 08:19 AM

1,524 posts, read 2,559,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I don't know who the Latin Kings are- have never heard of them.

Funny, I just had dinner with friends from Washington DC, Arizona, and Maryland. My neighbors are from Wisconsin, Northern CA, and New York. Also have friends from Belgium, Bulgaria, Serbia, Iraq. All living happily in California.

New people from other states are arriving here in droves. No one I personally know has issues with Mexicans. Actually, inter-marriage between Mexicans and Whites is high here. I have American, Dutch and even Swiss relatives in my family.

I never said people envy California. I said that people from other states, especially on this board, love to trash California. Everything is blamed on immigration from Mexico, but a majority of the state is fine.
California has one of the highest poverty rates in the country. It wasn't like that before the Mexican invasion. California is nice for your friends from DC who can afford to insulate themselves from the barrios.

California Has Highest Povert Rate In The Country

Mexicans in California earn 1/2 the income of whites and 2/3 the income of blacks. They are the most likely to join a gang, most likely to go to prison, most likely to drop out of school, least likely to learn English, and the only immigrant group that ever asserts that America "stole" California and it rightfully belongs to Mexico. 1/3 don't even have health insurance. They don't identify as American, don't understand American cultural, political, or economic instiitutions, and don't identify with our history or traditions like the American Revolution, Thanksgiving, or the Civil War. But hey let's bring millions more, right?

Anyone who went to places like Oxnard in 1990 and sees it today can see the difference. It used to be American, now it is effectively an extension of Mexico into the US. A population of 10% Mexicans would be great but they literally flooded the state in a matter of decades to become the majority and have overwhelmed the infrastructure and permanently damaged the economy. California was the greatest state before the invasion. At this point, Southern California is basically a lost cause with the exception of a few pockets like Orange County.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:32 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,894,709 times
Liberals have turned California into a cesspool. I find it funny that a lot of Europeans dream about moving to California because of all the BS marketing they watch on TV and especially shows like Baywatch and other stupid crap.

California is a nice place if you have a lot of money. To have a middle class lifestyle, it does not make sense to me. Home prices are still absurd, too crowded and you have to deal with Mexican immigration.

I have nothing against Mexicans who come here to work hard and be productive citizens but I remember reading an article about Mexican-American students in a LA district being offended because some kids wore t-shirts with the American flag on Cinco de Mayo.

The principal sent the kids home because apparently Mexican American students found the American flag offensive! This is the problem, California is infested with Commies, Marxists, tree huggers and Liberals!

It has become the center for Liberal political correctness, anti-Americanism and pseudo-intellectualism in America.

Like I said, you have a lot of money, you can have a good life, insulated from all the crime, gangs and lowlives that populate this state. It does not make sense to me to pay 3 times more for what a home would cost here in Iowa to live in a Mexifornia barrio.

if I wanted to live in Mexico, I would move to Tijuana!

Last edited by Repubocrat; 09-13-2014 at 08:40 AM..

Old 09-13-2014, 09:04 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,079 posts, read 47,452,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
At this point, Southern California is basically a lost cause with the exception of a few pockets like Orange County.
Orange county is only 43% white non hispanic.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:30 AM

1,524 posts, read 2,559,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
And?

Old 09-13-2014, 09:59 AM

22,256 posts, read 26,625,991 times
How many people on this thread suffer from Histrionic Personality Disorder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Orange County is Republican - I guess that equates to good in his eyes.

Repobocrat - Europeans would like to live in California over most other places because the political ideology is similar, but I'd prefer the North East myself - Boston or Connecticut perhaps. New York City is nice as well. LA seems like a sprawling mess - not for me.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:01 AM

16,559 posts, read 24,663,759 times
And the California bashing has found it's way to the world forums. Now those of you who don't visit the CA forum have a taste of what we put up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.