U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 10:21 PM

12,485 posts, read 11,976,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
I'm an American and I don't hate the US, but a lot it sure depresses the hell out me. It appears to me that the bottom 50% to 60% of the population is just giving up. They are beginning to abandon any decorum of standards and basically seem not to care. They are grossly obese for the most part. I understand keeping an idea weight is a challenge for most of us, but my God most of these people give little effort and accept being 50 or 60 pounds over weight. It's really sad and the US is a health disaster in the making.

Young college grads with tats on their forearms and neck. Not to long ago only acceptable to the underclass, now young professionals marking themselves up like their part of a criminal gang or something. Many are to lazy to even purchase a pair on dress slacks and will wear jeans or shorts to weddings and funerals. Getting drunk at sporting events and cussing in front of families and thinking nothing of it. When confronted, it's your fault, your the jerk.

And that's the middle class. The lower class is completely out of control. Flash mobs where young people meet and beat up poor bystanders minding their own business. Baby mommies with 5 or 6 different kids by age 25, by 5 or 6 different men. Teenagers playing the sick twisted game of knockout. Nothing like running up to a 65 old old and punching them in the face and knocking them out and then videotaping it and thinking it is funny. Really disgusting. It's sad to live in a society like these. Wherever these feral youth live and hangout it creates a environment of existing in a lockdown society. Cameras and security everywhere, cops all over, nobody trusts anyone.

And I'll only touch on politics. A strategy of divide and conquer. Turn you against your neighbor. Hate anyone who doesn't believe in your political viewpoint. It's created a hostile divided nation. By design, I might add.

I'm 51 and I've seen first hand the moral and social decline. It is getting to the point where only the very educated are holding on to the social infrastructure which keeps this nation together, such as community organizations, religion, school sports and theatre and many many others. The bottom half is giving up on these and appear to be living for the day and lack any vision, except what's in it for me.

I'll pass on passing judgement on others nations, but I hope they don't follow our path. We are still a great nation, but what I see really depresses me.

We are on borrowed time. We won't exist as a nation for much longer. The model doesn't work anymore.
Rate this post positively

Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 PM

12,485 posts, read 11,976,964 times
Quote:
I'm an American and I don't hate the US, but a lot it sure depresses the hell out me. It appears to me that the bottom 50% to 60% of the population is just giving up. They are beginning to abandon any decorum of standards and basically seem not to care. They are grossly obese for the most part. I understand keeping an idea weight is a challenge for most of us, but my God most of these people give little effort and accept being 50 or 60 pounds over weight. It's really sad and the US is a health disaster in the making.

Young college grads with tats on their forearms and neck. Not to long ago only acceptable to the underclass, now young professionals marking themselves up like their part of a criminal gang or something. Many are to lazy to even purchase a pair on dress slacks and will wear jeans or shorts to weddings and funerals. Getting drunk at sporting events and cussing in front of families and thinking nothing of it. When confronted, it's your fault, your the jerk.

And that's the middle class. The lower class is completely out of control. Flash mobs where young people meet and beat up poor bystanders minding their own business. Baby mommies with 5 or 6 different kids by age 25, by 5 or 6 different men. Teenagers playing the sick twisted game of knockout. Nothing like running up to a 65 old old and punching them in the face and knocking them out and then videotaping it and thinking it is funny. Really disgusting. It's sad to live in a society like these. Wherever these feral youth live and hangout it creates a environment of existing in a lockdown society. Cameras and security everywhere, cops all over, nobody trusts anyone.

And I'll only touch on politics. A strategy of divide and conquer. Turn you against your neighbor. Hate anyone who doesn't believe in your political viewpoint. It's created a hostile divided nation. By design, I might add.

I'm 51 and I've seen first hand the moral and social decline. It is getting to the point where only the very educated are holding on to the social infrastructure which keeps this nation together, such as community organizations, religion, school sports and theatre and many many others. The bottom half is giving up on these and appear to be living for the day and lack any vision, except what's in it for me.

I'll pass on passing judgement on others nations, but I hope they don't follow our path. We are still a great nation, but what I see really depresses me.
The world hates America, because America hates itself, and it shows. And Americans hate each other.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:38 AM

479 posts, read 497,149 times
Because people are sheep. It's become a cultural norm to dislike America because everyone else does. As an Australian, I love the United States. I think it's one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:04 AM

2,729 posts, read 2,373,328 times
Because not saving healthy environment to live, because of GMO, because nothing else seems to matter than money and looks, because of cocky attitude over others.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:09 PM

17,747 posts, read 21,052,081 times
Quote:

They have to find a way to eat better and exercise. What else can we do. Education only goes so far, at some point an individual has to make a commitment.
I agree, but we have our food priorities screwed up. A large package of chocolate chip cookies, over 24 cookies is $1.89 or the price of two apples. A large frozen pizza is usually on sale for $2.99, the same as a pound of brussels sprouts.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:28 PM

367 posts, read 366,522 times
Gangsta culture.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:48 AM

22,131 posts, read 23,330,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineBlue View Post
Gangsta culture.
That's a very, very small slice of the U.S. population. Even so, most of them are wannabes.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:29 AM

12,001 posts, read 11,616,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post

There is a difference between the government of the United States and its citizens.
Exactly-I think nearly anyone with a pulse, Americans included, hate the actions of The US Government for the past half century or so but the people in The US have not really had true contol of their Government or politicians during this time.

Citizens should not be held responsible for the actions of their Government but IT IS our duty to expose the corruption.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:15 AM

367 posts, read 366,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That's a very, very small slice of the U.S. population. Even so, most of them are wannabes.
It's significant enough to make a bad impression to others. That is all you need.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:34 AM

321 posts, read 343,282 times
I don't think the US are nearly as hated as Russia. One reason that they might be hated for is trying to spread their influence on other parts of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.