U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 06:47 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,304,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but you make great points here.

Let's look at American mentality for a second; congress has an 11% approval rating but just had a 96% re-election rate
You're joking! You're going to elect Obama again?
Rate this post positively

Old 11-08-2014, 06:49 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,908,451 times
Whats wrong with him???

Old 11-08-2014, 06:50 PM

16,561 posts, read 24,778,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
No its not, we've been a country ever since 1776.

The only way the rural south is dragging us down is by statistics and rankings.. telling a region to leave because they are dragging us down would not fly well with most here. sorry but we are going to be "United" for a long long time.
We'll see. Keep one thing in mind; no US president has ever died under the same flag that he was born under and unless states separate into more than one, I don't see us getting anymore states anytime soon. Certain parts of this country have a serious disconnect from the rest. You can already see that with states making laws which contradict federal law. This is something that states have always been allowed to do but usually remained united with the fed which made it stronger overall. More and more people in the US are looking more toward local rather than national government these days.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:51 PM

3,054 posts, read 1,207,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I'm not religious but in my opinion we are all human and we are all beautiful creatures living on a beautiful planet and at the end of the day these imaginary lines on a map don't mean much.

Yes i am still proud of America, is this the reason behind all this? trying to make us not proud of being American? a lot of us are very patriotic and love our country and we don't plan on changing that fact so i wouldn't waste your time.

btw a good chunk of that list is false and some of those aren't even bad things.

oh i see...
well enjoy homophobicness,racism,gun crime and corruption.don't even bother proving other countries are worse like always.
peace

Old 11-08-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
You're joking! You're going to elect Obama again?
Obama can't get elected again, I'm talking about congress.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:54 PM

Go hilary

Old 11-08-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
We'll see. Keep one thing in mind; no US president has ever died under the same flag that he was born under and unless states separate into more than one, I don't see us getting anymore states anytime soon. Certain parts of this country have a serious disconnect from the rest. You can already see that with states making laws which contradict federal law. This is something that states have always been allowed to do but usually remained united with the fed which made it stronger overall. More and more people in the US are looking more toward local rather than national government these days.
You know what really annoys me, florida and their stupid tolls. Time to accept 18 year olds are adults.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:55 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,304,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Whats wrong with him???
Well, I don't know the man personally, Summerwhale, but the decisions he's made on behalf of his fellow Americans.... I think this emoticon says it better than words ever could. YMMV.

RT.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
You know what really annoys me, florida and their stupid tolls. Time to accept 18 year olds are adults.
I don't think I follow you.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:57 PM

14,870 posts, read 19,614,194 times
Quote:
What regions are disconnected from the rest? with advanced technology we seem to grow closer together.

Are you talking about over hyped political division between republicans and democrats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.