U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-08-2014, 07:13 PM
 
Location: San Diego, California Republic
16,559 posts, read 24,658,884 times
Reputation: 8888

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Ever since I've joined this site you have had issues when people comment on the USA.

Get a life you are not literally "America" you are a human being, if people want to "bad" the US let them it doesn't effect your life.
That's what I don't understand, why take it personally? I am from Berkeley California, a city people love to hate. They call us "Bizerkley" and California is trashed constantly. Beyond correcting things that are false, it's not a personal attack on me. I can understand completely why someone may not like my home town and home state but as long as the reasons are accurate, oh well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Just a few things I disliked about fl.
Ah, gotcha.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-08-2014, 07:15 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,870 posts, read 19,524,523 times
Reputation: 9207
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Ever since I've joined this site you have had issues when people comment on the USA.

Get a life you are not literally "America" you are a human being, if people want to "bad" the US let them it doesn't effect your life.
Um, its a little more than just "comment on the USA." in my opinion. but whatever, intersting to see what sides you're picking.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-08-2014, 07:16 PM
 
125 posts, read 144,230 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
well enjoy homophobicness,racism,gun crime and corruption.don't even bother proving other countries are worse like always.
peace
You've got a point with gun crime. Otherwise, cut down on the TV.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-08-2014, 07:17 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,870 posts, read 19,524,523 times
Reputation: 9207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Highest incarceration rate in the world.
Highest poverty rate of any "developed" country, as if it should even be called "developed"
Highest usage of petroleum in the world and therefore greenhouse gas emissions
Highest rate of landfill waste in the world.
One of the ****tiest education systems of any "developed" country
Has one of the ****tiest most unstable government
Lack of public transport
Some of the world's longest traffic congestions
Everyone is a fat ****
One of the highest if not the highest crime rate of any "developed" country
Huge gaps between the rich and the poor
No free healthcare, so you have to spend 25% of your income on it
They call football "soccer"
Death penalty still allowed
There are 8 guns for every 10 people, explains all the ******* murders
The Land created by immigrants, yet it hates immigrants
The government spending all the money on the army, they probably need it to stop itself getting bombed because it's such a **** country.
Most of the people are dyslexic imbeciles
Calls itself the "richest" country, though yes it is, but most of the wealth is owned by a handful of people, leaving 20% of the population to live below the poverty line.
All the sugar, fat and additives they put in their food.
Little financial support for the poor
Lots of racism and financial segregation
Few jobs, few opportunities
Most of the people in the South are homophobic Christians that just want to suck Jesus's dick all day
There
Are you still proud of America?
ps i got this from yahoo answers
Okay fine, i apologize Luciano... i accept everything you say and i have no reason to be defensive by your post.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-08-2014, 07:17 PM
 
Location: London, UK
9,992 posts, read 11,149,499 times
Reputation: 3473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You could not split on political lines. Take the liberal states for example, they are not all the same. New England and the Pacific Northwest are both pretty liberal but the similarity stops there. Texas is a different kind of conservative than Georgia.
This article seems understandable Splitting Apart the United States | More Right
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-08-2014, 07:18 PM
 
Location: London, UK
9,992 posts, read 11,149,499 times
Reputation: 3473
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Um, its a little more than just "comment on the USA." in my opinion. but whatever, intersting to see what sides you're picking.
And what side am I picking?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-08-2014, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Northern Ireland
3,402 posts, read 2,891,755 times
Reputation: 530
Canada should be split apart and some parts should join usa like vancouver and Toronto.

I mean why is Toronto Canadian?? Its got more connections with American cities and is actually like America.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-08-2014, 07:21 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,870 posts, read 19,524,523 times
Reputation: 9207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
The west and east are not connected. How can they be..
they are connected by many ways, land, highways, trains... and the point i was making about advanced technology - wi-fi/internet, airplanes, smart phones, television.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You really don't recognize it do you? Like you're totally serious?

The political divisions are only part of it. They are a result of cultural differences rather than the other way around. Spend some time (actual time, visiting doesn't count) in the Pacific Northwest for example and you will know how disconnected it really is. If the political strife can be over hyped than equally, I think the regional differences are "under hyped". this makes sense as every nation on earth wants to present a unified image to both it's populace and the world. Modern technology has only slowed the process, maybe. That same technology however can be used to speed it up as well.
Okay, what is so unique about the Pacific Northwest.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-08-2014, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,778 posts, read 14,973,995 times
Reputation: 12353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
There's nothing wrong with thinking that the place you've chosen to live in, or perhaps the home you hail from is 'The Best.' Hell, I think Glasgow's the best on so many levels, but I wouldn't go back there to live if I were begged to! There will always be a part of my heart that loves the place!
I think that to an extent, the same sort of attitudes that are thought of as a healthy national pride to be celebrated elsewhere in the world, when applied to the US by Americans, is viewed as ignorant arrogance and is intolerable.

If a French person boasts, "we have the best food in the world!" then even if people disagree, they say it is an acceptable opinion because France is well known for its chefs.

If an American person boasts, "we have the best food in the world!" then many people immediately throw their hands up and tell the person to shut up, because there's no way America could have the best food in the world.

If an English person boasts, "we have the best beer in the world!" then even if people disagree, they say it is an acceptable opinion because Britian has a history of beermaking.

If an American person boasts, "we have the best beer in the world!" then many people immediately groan and roll their eyes and tell them that they're ignorant, because there's no way that America could have the best beer in the world.

A lot of these topics are entirely subjective anyway, so there's no empirical "correct" answer.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-08-2014, 07:22 PM
 
Location: London, UK
9,992 posts, read 11,149,499 times
Reputation: 3473
I don't think Toronto should join the US at all the mindsets are different. Politics are very canadian-like.

Vancouver is similar to the PNW of the US
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top